SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Nominating Guidelines:
  1. It must be absolutely clear that you intend to nominate something. Therefore, each nomination must be preceded by "I nominate ...".
  2. Make sure to include the official name of the nomination, as well as where it is located - city, and country.
  3. All nominations require pictures to accompany them. Post pictures only, not links to websites with pictures. Post only the best pictures that represent your nomination accurately, and in the best way possible. Avoid posting large pictures or panoramas, instead include links to them.
  4. Only two (2) nominees per country are allowed. Therefore, choose only the most distinctive, exceptional nominees. Basically, the best in the country! It's a good idea to discuss the nominations with your fellow countrymen, and posters, so that everyone comes to an agreement about what should be nominated. If more nominees are posted per country, only the first two will be considered.
  5. Since there are only 15 spots on the poll, the first 15 valid nominations will be submitted. To avoid disappointment, post your nominations as early as possible. To make sure that your nominations are not late, you can even post the nomination without any pictures first, and edit them in later.

·
У Борщин
1,204 Posts
Ok so for Ukraine I'm thinking:

Kyiv:

and L'viv:

Odesa's is quite nice as well though, so I suppose us Ukrainians can make the final decision later.

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
ukraine wins hand down. :carrot:
seriously some fo the stuff i've seen from ukraine is just unimaginable. nothing compares to it.

·
Super Moderator
10,886 Posts
Well here's from Sofia: National Theater Ivan Vazov:

from Nikola Gruev's Pbase gallery:
http://www.pbase.com/ngruev/bulgaria

and some other pics found on the net:
Nationalen Teatr "Ivan Vazov"
Built 1905-1906 for the Duchy of Bulgaria by Ferdinand Fellner & Hermann Helmer. Opened 16 Jan 1907 with Dobri Christov's "Festive Ouverture", Ivan Vazov's scenic prologue "The Fame of Art" and Act V of Vasil Drumev's drama "Ivanko". 1021 seats. Stage house destroyed by a fire on 10 Feb 1923 (auditorium also damaged because the iron curtain did not work properly). 1923-1928 building of a newly constructed stage house and a slightly altered auditorium by Martin Dülfer. 1972-1976 renovation of the stage house and exterior to the original plans by Ivan Tomov and Lilija Toteva (auditorium altered again, with only slight references to the 1906 original). Named in honour of the Bulgarian author, Ivan Mincov Vazov (1850-1921).

Front Text: "Pozdrav ot Sofia - Salutations de Sophia; Nrodinjat Teatr v Sofia - National-Theater"
Sent: from Sofia to Liège (Belgium), 1910

Picture: after the 1972-1976 restoration
=====================

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally, Phil! You're actually participating? Wanted to get in on the fun for the last season.

As for the pics, I don't get the point of posting ancient pictures, before restoration. Can't you find any newer ones, you lazy bum? :colgate:

·
Super Moderator
10,886 Posts
well there's a new feature that automatically resizes pictures, you should use that
@Sergei: lol, well it is season 3 after all :p
Well I had those old pics from another post of mine in the Sofia thread, and yes, I am a lazy bum, lol, google has nothing worth showing :D

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
3tmk said:
well there's a new feature that automatically resizes pictures, you should use that
@Sergei: lol, well it is season 3 after all :p
Well I had those old pics from another post of mine in the Sofia thread, and yes, I am a lazy bum, lol, google has nothing worth showing :D
Look what I found for you while searching for Lviv:
http://flickr.com/photos/rjnagle/2498322/

:rofl:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts