Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a TOUR DE FRANCE :a panorama to show the diversity of landscapes. I focused on rural Architecure, and tried to avoid the usual beaten tracks we have seen too many times (no pix of Paris or big towns). Of course it' s not complete, I had to make the best with the photos available but it can give you a fair idea of the identity of places

I'd be glad to know your comments especially for non eupean people who have never visited France.(Since thera are many photos, I could not write down the name & area but if you want to know, just ask, I'll try to answer). Hope you'll enjoy :

[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
the natural and architectural diversity of France is incredible considering it is approx. the size of Texas. Vive la France! hehe

·
Banned
408 Posts
oh shit ...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
could not help add a few more exclennet pix I have found

the alps

castle of Pierrefonds (100 km north of paris)

castle of chantilly

the pyrennes (south of france near Spain)
proabably the largest un spoilt area in France (several natural reserves with bears, ibex , chamois, lynx and wolves)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Rachmaninov said:

Is this a volcanic plug??
I don't think. It's typical from the Jura region. It's a montain (or more likely a high hill) where the ground has been "eaten" by the rain during millions of years. Today you only see the rock that was under the ground at the top of the montain.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rachmaninov said:

Is this a volcanic plug??
no it's in the northen prealps a region called VERCORS ( near the town of grenoble), this famous mount is called "Mont aiguille "

As far as volcanoes are concerned, I forget to put pictures of a region called AUVERGNE (middle of france) where there are some extinct volcanoes. A very green area where the weather and landscape have scottish accent (that's the spring of the mineral water Volvic)

·
Registered
5,443 Posts
Nice pix , i downloaded almost half of them :)

i especially like the ones of st-quentin-en-yvelines in the paris area, very urbanistic !

merci !

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts