SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's bests of NYC? This pertains to anything.

Best park, best train, best view, best borough, best building, best bridge, best sports venue, best food, best bar, best coffee spot, best restaurant, best beach, best vacation spot outside the city and so on.

It's kind of like the love/hate thread about NYC but still a little different.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
one of my favorite places is in red hook... very quiet and amazing view of the harbor/boats/verrazano/skyline/lady liberty/etc. the only thing you can hear is the waves, bells ringing in the waterway buoys and the passing boats. IMO it's the best :)

·
5,837 Posts
What is everyone's bests of NYC? This pertains to anything.

Best park, best train, best view, best borough, best building, best bridge, best sports venue, best food, best bar, best coffee spot, best restaurant, best beach, best vacation spot outside the city and so on.

It's kind of like the love/hate thread about NYC but still a little different.
So far I'd say....

Park= Prospect

Train= 1 or 2

View= Wave Hill's view over the Hudson River and Palisades

Best food= Italian food (you can get amazing Italian cuisine anywhere)

best bar= tuff one. I'll hold./// Best strip club= Sin City.

Coffee spot= My breakfast nook.

Restaurant= I'm going Cuban so either Guantanamera near Columbus Circle or Cuba Cafe in Chelsea

best beach= Jones Beach field 6 (Nassau) in the city Brighton Beach.

best vacation spot= Fire Island...Saltaire (bring a bike--no cars allowed).

·
chek ur hed
473 Posts
Best park: gotta go with Central. The High Line is a standup newcomer
best train: never had many problems with the N, which I use every day
best view: Water Taxi Beach (Long Island City and Governor's Island locations)
best borough: not going to touch that one
best building: classic—Chrysler; recent—Nouvel's Vision Machine in the W. Village
best bridge: I love the Hell Gate
best sports venue: Citi Field
best food: upstairs deli at Kalustyan's in Curry Hill
best bar: Astoria Beer Garden
best coffee spot: Oren's Daily Roast (several Manhattan locations)
best restaurant: Bistro 33 in Astoria
best beach: Fire Island
best vacation spot outside the city and so on: the Hudson River Valley/Bear Mountain

·
5,837 Posts
Oh wait... Astoria Beer Garden? Hell Yes! LOL I went there once when they were promoting a "beer fest" and I remember a bunch of stuck up girls who must have come with their boyfriends, dressed for the club and it rained on them in the little courtyard....lol they were pissed and soaked. Their boyfriends were too busy playing beer pong with us to care. It was awesome.

·
5,837 Posts
one of my favorite places is in red hook... very quiet and amazing view of the harbor/boats/verrazano/skyline/lady liberty/etc. the only thing you can hear is the waves, bells ringing in the waterway buoys and the passing boats. IMO it's the best :)

Industrial pier? Warehouse pier or something like that?

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
I wandered into an open garden bar in Central Park, enjoyed a cold beer on a hot summer day. But it seemed a little expensive ? Heard later that 'Tavern on the Green' is not the cheapest place to have a drink ?...........still great memories!

·
Registered
389 Posts
best theater district fancy restaurant- orso (46th btwn 8 & 9th)
best french restaurant-cafe la granne (21st and 9th)
best burgers- SHAKE SHACK (madison square park)
best park - central. do check out the high liine though.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Best burgers in the Metropolitan area goes to.......Five Guys burgers and fries on Park Avenue in the city of Long Beach. OMG!!!! SO GOOD.
I KNOW RIGHT!!?!?!?!? Five Guys is sooo goood! Love that place...Plus they give out free peanuts...theres also one in brooklyn heights if you wanna go there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts