SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reckon somewhere in West Leeds as it's all hilly around there and the view at night is dramatic as you see the lights in the distance. And there's a part off Owlcotes Road in Pudsey where you can see BWP from. If I wanted to re-enact one of those scenes from an American film where a young couple drive up to a high point overlooking the city with a girlfriend, that would be the spot.:lol:

Town Street in Middleton also offers a great view of the rest of Leeds, and of course the top of Scott Hall Road too.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Top of Gelderd Road (A62) coming down in to Leeds, just after the juction to Morley and Gildersome........ past the row of houses to the left.

Nice view of Leeds from there

if you have a better camera than me!! lol

·
Registered
30,466 Posts
Definitely Potternewton Lane at the top of Scott Hall Road. All the other locations are a bit too far away to get the full impact of the city. The skyline looks like some sort of GTA type scene from there too, especially at night.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does anyone know where this pic was taken?

It's off the Wikipedia page for Bramley. As the Kirkstall Viaduct can be seen, I'm guessing it was taken somwhere near Broad Lane/Broadlea Estate?

·
Registered
14 Posts
How about the view when you are driving down the M621 with Leeds spread out in front of you. This view especially looks good in the late afternoon when the sun is behind you & reflecting off the buildings.

Sorry, no picture unless someone can oblige (not whilst you're driving though!!!)

·
Registered
30,466 Posts
There have been pictures of this view before; should be some around. Most routes into the city from the north or south give a good skyline view of the city.

·
Děkuji, a Dobrou Noc!
150 Posts
From what I remember, the view of the city from Boggart Hill in North Seacroft was quite impressive. As a bonus, it even had its own ghost! Superb!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts