SkyscraperCity banner

Best place for IT jobs

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vote for your most preferred region for IT jobs after taking into account factors such as pay scale , type of work , future prospects , availability of jobs , cost of living , standard of living etc

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some other contenders could be Scandavinian countries , Ireland , Hong Kong , UK , Russia , Phillipines , Brazil etc

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Silicon valley I would say. Bangalore is good too, but its sorta congested. They have to build a metro, an airport, ew expressways etc. When those projects are completed, I would say Bangalore, but till then Silicon Valey.

·
I got my eye on you.
24,691 Posts
The Philippines :eek:kay:

·
Banned
7,712 Posts
In EU and the rise: Dublin and Leipzig. On a slope, probably downwards: Amsterdam.

·
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
9,583 Posts
innoncent_monster said:
^ Doesnt the IT sector makeup a healthy proportion of Ireland's GDP ?
What I'm saying is that it's not going as well as it used to. We've had a good lot of job losses in the IT sector in the past few years and some companies have closed down (eg: Gateway in Dublin). There hasn't been a huge decline though and it still contributes a lot to Ireland's GDP.

Thing is I'm not sure on the specific stats on all this but as a student in college, I can tell you that a lot of people aren't taking up computer related courses because they think it'll be hard for them to get jobs.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
India will oust everyone in the next decade and become the world's #1 IT hub. At the moment, Silicon Valley but in the future Banglore. In europe, Poland will be a future IT hub due to the need for many computers there. Many companies want to relocate or open factories there.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
malec said:
What I'm saying is that it's not going as well as it used to. We've had a good lot of job losses in the IT sector in the past few years and some companies have closed down (eg: Gateway in Dublin). There hasn't been a huge decline though and it still contributes a lot to Ireland's GDP.

Thing is I'm not sure on the specific stats on all this but as a student in college, I can tell you that a lot of people aren't taking up computer related courses because they think it'll be hard for them to get jobs.

tell them to go to china,the IT secter in china is always short of well qualified employees.

·
Banned
2,963 Posts
earthJoker said:
I would see Dresden infront of Leipzig. As far as I know SAP and Infinion have quite alot jobs in Dresden
Are SAP and Infineon headquartered in Dresden?and is Dresden bank based in Dresden?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
malec said:

Thats bad ! Though I am sure things will be better in future as Ireland has good IT talent

·
Premium member
9,971 Posts
earthJoker said:
I would see Dresden infront of Leipzig. As far as I know SAP and Infinion have quite alot jobs in Dresden
Dresden one of europes leading microelectronic regions:

AMD:

Infenion:

Motorola
ZMD
Applied Materials
ISS Nagano
American Microsystems
Ortner Reinraumtechnik
Compaq
Schäfer IT-Systeme
DAS - Dünnschicht Anlagen Systeme
Photronics MZD
XENON
Wacker Siltronic AG
Freiberger Compound Materials

Microelectronic in Dresden:
400 companies
15 independed research facilities
150 software companies

·
Registered
34 Posts
Israel on the eve of another boom :

Estimated export sales of software and related technologies exceeded $2.6 billion in 2003, up from $1.5 billion in 1998. Anticipated 2004 sales approach $4 billion.

Israeli top high-tech companies :
* Motorola-Israel - telecommunication and computers
* Intel-Israel - Microprocessors .
* Microsoft-Israel - software
* Mercury Interactive - software testing
* ICQ-Mirabilis - instant messaging
* Ex Libris, library management
* Amdocs - billing and CRM software
* Check Point Software Technologies - Internet security
* E C I Telecom - telecommunications network solutions
* Comverse - enabling network-based multimedia enhanced communications services
* EMC2 - information storage and management .
* Nice Systems - information and multimedia systems
* VocalTec - telecom

Israeli High-Tech developments :
* The cell phone (at Motorola-Israel)
* Most of the windows NT and XP operating systems (at Microsoft-Israel)
* The Pentium MMX chip technology (at Intel-Israel)
* Both the Pentium-4 microprocessor and the Centrino processor (also produced in Israel)
* Voice mail technology
* The technology for the AOL Instant Messenger (ICQ)

Israel technology facts :
* Largest number of start-up companies in the world
* Highest concentration of high-tech companies outside of Silicon Valley
* 145 scientists and engineers per 10,000 people (US: 80 per 10,000, Japan: 75 per 10,000)
* 1st in spending on education per capita in the world .
* 1st in the ratio of university degrees to the population .
* 1st in the world in scientific papers per capita (109 per 10,000 people)
* 3rd in the world
* 3rd in the world in patents registered per capita (174 per million residents in 2002)
* 3rd highest rate of entrepreneurship in the world
* Entrepreneurship among women and people over 55 is highest in the world
* Israel is one of only 5 countries to build and launch their own satellites .

Modern Telecommunications Infrastructure :
* 3.0 million telephone lines
* 6.3 million cellular users
* All systems are digital
* 1,000,000 cable television users (geographical coverage is 88%; household coverage is 67%)
* 437,000 Internet hosts

News and innovations of the Israeli software industry

Israel software companies directory

israel high-tech and investment report

·
Registered
233 Posts
China must be top 2 of the list, because of the high skilled employees and relatively low salary standard. IBM/Intel/SAP/else.. are enlarging their China company.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts