Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 25.8%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Killeen/Temple/Belton.

because i'm about to move there and its' proximity to Austin.

-

·
Registered
100 Posts
I haven't been there yet, but if certain things fall into place, I might be moving to San Marcos next year.

Just "on paper," I really like what the San Marcos-New Braunfels area has to offer : interesting natural scenery, and close proximity to both Austin and San Antonio.

I don't know if it's anywhere near the best small city or town in Texas, as I'm not that familiar with the state, but I imagine the location is among the best.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I gotta go with the Killeen area as well with Tyler running a close second in this poll. Why anyone lives in Abilene, Lubbock, or Midland is beyond me.

Waco is in a class by itself in the dump catagory if you ask me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No South Texas Towns? Can't vote than.
you can vote others:eek:....I don't think Waco is a dump, actually I think it is much more better than bland killeen and temple! Also with the new developments happening in Downtown Waco It'll become even more better than those cities.

I mean in Killeen all you have is sprawled out houses that pretty much look the same with newly planted small trees.

·
Texas-NoVA
2,265 Posts
I mean in Killeen all you have is sprawled out houses that pretty much look the same with newly planted small trees.
Now I agree that Killeen is bland and all but let's be real. Waco is the same way. Also, Killeen also has plans to improve it's downtown area as well. It's just that Killeen is the fastest growing city in Central Texas outside the Austin area and the results are very suburban.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now I agree that Killeen is bland and all but let's be real. Waco is the same way. Also, Killeen also has plans to improve it's downtown area as well. It's just that Killeen is the fastest growing city in Central Texas outside the Austin area and the results are very suburban.
I don't think Waco is bland, its got the Brazo's River,small hills,a small downtown which is progressing as I type, and more!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well hell, Killeen has that all except the river and more. And Killeen actually sits inside of the hills. God I'm sticking up for this city.:lol:
The hills are in Waco, I go to Killeen alot and it just bores me! It's bland,boring,and flat=/....I've tried to like it and do some fun things but it just dosen't appeal to me. All I usually see in Killeen is a group of houses, flat land with some small shopping centers, than more newly built houses!

It's just so ugly to me!:/....and the reason why I'm defending Waco is because I live their=X

(Ugly was a harsh word to use, I mean it's just too.....blah for my taste=|)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just arrived back from Killeen (visiting family) and I just want to say that I had never really noticed the hills in Killeen until today!

I'll put it like this Killeen might have better landscape but Waco is the better city imo.

·
Texas-NoVA
2,265 Posts
Neither cities are nothing. They are both bland and boring. But Killeen is not flat. You go north on Trimmer and WS Young and say it's flat. It is surrounded by hills when you come down from 190. You go through hill when traveling south on 195. It is anything but flat. Temple is flat. Cameron is flat. Marlin is flat. Killeen is not and it is much more hillier than Waco.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.