SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are everyone's favorite sports venues?

Personally:
Yankee Stadium- The history! Of the most prestigious franchise of all time...
Safeco- I heard this is a very nice stadium.
MSG- Home of the loveable (or not so) losers, The Knickerbockers!
The baseball park in SF is gorgeous as well...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Carrier Dome-Syracuse, NY
PNC Park- Pittsburgh
and I'd say Shea Stadium in NYC because I love the Mets, but as biased as I am, that place is a dump.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol true Shea is disgusting. Its awesome that the Yankees and Mets are getting new stadiums. Wish I could say the same for our football teams.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hands down, LSU's Tiger Stadium on any given Saturday night in October for a LSU home game. It is a life-changing experience.

Best ballpark? I'm a bit partial to my hometown Ameriquest Field, but I just went to a Mariners game at Safco last week and I have to say, it's pretty damn nice.

·
My Mind Has Left My Body
7,266 Posts
Baseball - WRIGLEY (likely my top overall over all stadiums)
PNC - Pitt. (best of the new stadiums)
AT&T - San Fran (Giats stad. of course)
Fenway - Boston
(many great stadiums to chose from that could be top tier)

Football - Qwest - Seattle
Soldier Field - Chicago
Reliant - Houston (outside not great, but inside very nice)
(many great stadiums as well, the new AZ and Indy stadiums look like they will be real nice)

Basketball/Hockey
- Pepsi Area (Atlanta) - love the unique seating set up. Outside is nice too.
- AA Arena (Dallas) love the outside. Inside is meh
- Conseco Fieldhouse - Indy (unique, good looking, "retro")
- MSG - NYC (the stadium is just so so but best location in the U.S.)
(most of the new arenas are rather bland and underwhelming in N.A.)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Our two stadiums (Safeco Field and Qwest Field) are both good.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yankee Stadium-one of the oldest staiums, most history, best history, in NYC. :)

Wrigley Field-old, nice, in a really nice city.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Miller Park is awesome. That and Wrigley are my 2 favorite baseball parks.

As for other stadiums: United Center, Soldier Field, Ford Field, Relient, Rose Bowl, Qwest, Conseco Fieldhouse.

·
born again cyclist
3,671 Posts
it's gotta be wrigley. this place is stadium perfection. i was just there this afternoon and even though the cubs were annihilated by the brewers in a dreary game played in the rain, wrigley was still magical.

man, i fucking love this place:

·
18,174 Posts
citizens bank park in philly and petco park in san diego are regarded by many to be the best stadiums in all of baseball.

lincoln financial field is a very nice football stadium. i've heard great things about qwest field in seattle, i think most people regard this stadium as the best in football.

i've heard good things about conseco field house in indianapolis for basketball. as far as basketball and hockey go, i think this is where the arenas are most similar to each other.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
spyguy said:
Wrigley Field?
spyguy, that one just might make it past a 1970's era retrofitting of the original House that Ruth Built, a dump in the Bronx that is about to be replaced with a new Yankee Stdium at that.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
UWMilwaukeeJay said:
someone has to agree miller park should be up in the ranks....its quite unique
UWM, I believe the place you are referring to is offically known as "Wrigley North" whenever the Cubs play the Brewers!
:bash:

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
xzmattzx said:
citizens bank park in philly and petco park in san diego are regarded by many to be the best stadiums in all of baseball.
xz, i think most folks with give the edge to AT&T (or SBC or Pac Bell or whatever you want to call it...Ma Bell Park?) gets the edge over Philly & SD.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts