Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tornado Tower, Doha Qatar!

Bestowed on it by the Awards Committee of the Council for Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH), the world's leading authority on the design, construction and development of tall buildings, it is one of four tall buildings in the world to receive this recognition.

The other areas being The Americas - Manitoba Hydro Place in the city of Winnipeg, Canada; Europe - The Broadgate Tower in the city of London, UK; Asia & Australasia - Linked Hybrid Building, Beijing, China.

This high-level award is a global testimony to the distinguished Architecture and urban development Qatar is witnessing today

The principle criteria used by CBTUH to form their judgement for these awards, is based on the projects displaying extraordinary contribution to the advancement of tall buildings, bringing fresh ideas and innovative processes which would not only help advance the profession of Design but also, improve the ambiance and the well-being of the inhabitants of the cities where they have been constructed.

The awards ceremony will be held on 22nd October, in Chicago, in the state of Illinois, USA - the city accredited with the title 'cradle of sky-rise buildings'.

During the dinner, the Awards Committee will announce the 'Overall Winner for the Best Tall Building in the world' from the four Regional Awards. It is worth noting that these awards are not necessarily conferred on an annual basis should the criteria not be met by the entrants.

Souce: www.ameinfo.com

Complete Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?

·
an amazing user ;)
288 Posts
i believe it is the best

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
I like it more in the day than at night. At night it looks like that other tower, the one near Villagio mall? Anyone? wats the other one called?

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
I like it more in the day than at night. At night it looks like that other tower, the one near Villagio mall? Anyone? wats the other one called?
you mean Aspire tower ? the only thing aspire tower could do that this tower couldnt is writing words and numbers with light...

but this one is better :D higher technology !!

·
Banned
116 Posts
I personally find it kind of boring...it seems like there's a few other towers that look exactly like it (e.g., in Guangzhou), save for the technicolored light show.

·
جنوبي حر
1,854 Posts
tornado tower is looking stunning !!! :cheers:
there are also other candidates for the "best mena tower" title like burj el-arab and burj dubai !!!
we have a couple of nice towers in beirut but unfortunately none of them qualifies to be the best in the mena !?!?!:eek:hno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts