• SHEFFIELD

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • NONE

Votes: 2 2.9%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30,471 Posts
I don't think you can put two buildings for Birmingham. Although it may well be split, there should be a decision on one because people are voting for architecture and there are clearly 2 different buildings there which is rather unfair. People should be asked to vote only on one.

Alternatively, split Birmingham so the poll has 2 options- one for each.

·
Mancunian Member
7,180 Posts
Also, Mancs town Hall has 2 buildings, the triangular main building and the extension:

Have we mentioned Manchester Town Hall's extension, which itself is also a beaut, slotting in beautifully between the original town hall and the Central Library!

(Taken from the UK thread) :)

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
They're all spectacular Victorian buildings, but if I had to pick one it would have to be Leeds. Mainly because I'm a fan of classicism and that's a monumental example of the style.

You should have also included Liverpool and Newcastle's town halls.

·
LIBERTINED
45,346 Posts
Where's Livrpl? :crazy:

I'll go for Leeds. Victorian classicism at its best!

Btw, I like the city halls of Europes mainland way better.

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
Chogmook: If we did extensions as well then Birmingham would have three buildings! ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
We don't know who's voting in this poll. It will still be seen as unfair? Suprise, suprise, Manchester has found a surge of people who think they have the best town hall. :eek:hno::lol:

·
Banned
4,399 Posts
Leeds of course :D

·
***Alexxx***
5,274 Posts
I do love Sheffield town hall but I gotta say that Leeds beats it! Just perfect!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts