SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With summer just around the corner, where do you think are the best summertime beaches in the US? Obviously the beaches in Florida and SoCal have a leg up on their northern counterparts for year-round beaches, simply because of their warm winter weather. So I am talking about just during the months of June, July, and August. During those months, where in the USA can the best beaches be found?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Park Point, Duluth's 6 mile long beach seperating Lake Superior from the harbor. Maybe not the best for swimming, but it is a great place to relax and enjoy a camp fire.

·
Banned
757 Posts
I am partial to the beaches along lake Michigan.....and particulairly partial to the beach 5 blocks from my house in Chicago

·
Registered
957 Posts
Any body know of any place to go to in Florida that isn't over run by touristy stuff, a small town, with a good night life, and that is very scenic. I've always wanted to go to a place like that on vacation instead of places like destin...

·
Banned
1,098 Posts

·
Banned
285 Posts
June July August

Rohoboth Beach, Dewey Beach, Bethany Beach Deleware.

Of course 45 minutes from my house Atlantic City 35 million visitors annually, Cape May is a Beach Resort, Wildwood, Ocean City, virginia, etc..

Daytona Florida is always nice, you know Miami and Ft Lauderdale.

West Coast Beaches are great

Galveston, Tx i'm sure there's alot more

Suggestion drive the coast

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
^^^It's warm enough to be comfortable and it still cools you off. I'll ride my bike for miles on a 90+ day and then jump in the lake, it's still refreshing. On the other hand, I've frozen my ass off in the ocean in Southern California and it was summer.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
York Beach, Cape Neddick, Wells, and Old Orchard Beaches in Maine. The state isn't called "Vacationland" and "The Way Life Should Be" for nothing. Eat your heart out, Florida.

For local (to me), Port Dalhousie (St Catharines, ON) is a pretty neat little "beach village".

Hecago said:
If it's 85 and humid, the lasr thing I want the water to be is warm! :hahaha:
You'd like it in Buffalo in August then. It'll be 90+ (both degrees and humidity), and Lake Erie will often touch or exceed 80° about that time (often giving us several nights where the mercury doesn't drop below 75°). Though it still is relaxing (think sauna), I find 74° to be the best water temp, for a swimming pool anyways.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Well, Myrtle Beach will be swarmed with Canadians, Ohioans, West Virginians, and others from points near and far in the upcoming months. But I think that SC's more unspoiled beaches, such as Edisto Beach, are some of the best hidden jewels in the region.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts