Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Introduction:
We all gather in venues for special events such as sport games, and concerts. Venues bring us together, and this is our tribute to the best venues of Eastern Europe.

In this thread, we will vote for our favorite venues.

Voting Guidelines:
  1. Each member has to vote for exactly five (5) nominees on the list. Do not vote for any less, or any more. There are no exceptions! The votes of whoever chooses to disregard this rule will be omitted from the final count.
  2. Do your best to vote as honestly and fairly as possible, putting all of your biases aside. This does not mean that, for example, you cannot vote for your city/country. It means that you should vote for the nominees that you think truly deserve to be in the top league.
  3. Review all of the pictures posted for the nominations, even if you think you remember all of them from the nominations thread. This will refresh them in your mind, allowing you to make a wiser choice.
Nominees:
  • Spodek Arena (Katowice, Poland)
  • Papp László Budapest Sportaréna (Budapest, Hungary)
  • Hala Ludowa (Wroclaw, Poland)
  • Sazka Arena (Prague, Czech Republic)
  • Hockey Stadium (Humenné, Slovakia)
  • CEZ Arena (Ostrava, Czech Republic)
  • Millenium Arena (Vrsac, Serbia & Montenegro)
  • Belgrade Arena (Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro)
  • Saku Suurhall (Tallinn, Estonia)
  • Atakoy Dome (Istanbul, Turkey)
  • Olympic Sports Hall (Athens, Greece)
  • Siemens Arena (Vilnius, Lithuania)
  • Sportivno-Koncertnii Kompleks (St. Petersburg, Russia)
  • Golovec Arena (Celje, Slovenia)
  • Palats Sportu (Kiev, Ukraine)

Spodek Arena (Katowice, Poland)

Papp László Budapest Sportaréna (Budapest, Hungary)

Hala Ludowa (Wroclaw, Poland)

Sazka Arena (Prague, Czech Republic)

Hockey Stadium (Humenné, Slovakia)

CEZ Arena (Ostrava, Czech Republic)

Millenium Arena (Vrsac, Serbia & Montenegro)

Belgrade Arena (Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro)

Saku Suurhall (Tallinn, Estonia)

Atakoy Dome (Istanbul, Turkey)

Olympic Sports Hall (Athens, Greece)

Siemens Arena (Vilnius, Lithuania)

Sports & Concert Complex "Peterburgsky" (St. Petersburg, Russia)

Golovec Arena (Celje, Slovenia)

http://www.slovenia-tourism.si/pictures%5Ctown%5C1%5C2004%5C%C4%B9%CB%87portna_dvorana_22074.jpg

Palats Sportu (Kiev, Ukraine)

http://www.doteurovision.com/2005/imgs/big-pala.jpg
http://www.doteurovision.com/2005/imgs/sport_palace.jpg

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOTE: There were 3 nominees for Serbia and Montenegro. Since the rules state that only the first two nominees from one country will be taken, I had all reasonable grounds to delete "Belgrade Arena", since it was the third one.

I chose to keep it in because I believe that it was the best nominee from S&M (and after all, this is BEST of Eastern Europe). Although I have the authority to do that, I think that people need to follow the rules, or otherwise suffer the consequences.

So, next time something like this happens, I don't care if it's the best nominee or not, if it doesn't fit into the rules, it will not be in the poll!

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, come on! This is pathetic.

3 votes, and 2 of them are invalid!

I can't make the rules any clearer, so it's up to you to fix it (PM the mods), or your votes will be deleted.

·
12,159 Posts
1. Papp László Budapest Sportaréna (Budapest, Hungary)
2. Belgrade Arena (Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro)
3. Sazka Arena (Prague, Czech Republic)
4. Hala Ludowa (Wroclaw, Poland)
5. Golovec Arena (Slovenia)

·
Super Moderator
Grad Oblakodera
38,380 Posts
iMariah said:
NOTE: There were 3 nominees for Serbia and Montenegro. Since the rules state that only the first two nominees from one country will be taken, I had all reasonable grounds to delete "Belgrade Arena", since it was the third one.

I chose to keep it in because I believe that it was the best nominee from S&M (and after all, this is BEST of Eastern Europe). Although I have the authority to do that, I think that people need to follow the rules, or otherwise suffer the consequences.

So, next time something like this happens, I don't care if it's the best nominee or not, if it doesn't fit into the rules, it will not be in the poll!
sorry but I nominated Belgrade Arena before the others but without pics (I wrote KM will add them later :))

Anyway my votes
-Papp László Budapest Sportaréna
-Hala Ludowa
-Belgrade Arena
-Atakoy Dome
-Golovec Arena

·
Monkey business
3,539 Posts
Hmm.. Damn, I never thought Golovec Arena looked that good! Well, I don't know who nominated it, but just for the record, it's in Celje.

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Singidunum said:
sorry but I nominated Belgrade Arena before the others but without pics (I wrote KM will add them later :))

Anyway my votes
-Papp László Budapest Sportaréna
-Hala Ludowa
-Belgrade Arena
-Atakoy Dome
-Golovec Arena
Alright, I didn't see it. That's why it's important that even when you nominate it verbally, you add pictures to the same post. It's just easier to notice them, because as you can imagine, I usually have to go through pages after pages of nominations. So it has to be crystal clear to me. :)

·
iMod
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Singidunum said:
ok I'll add it for you but iMariah please give me the list of votes to be deleted.
For bridges?
We don't really need them to be deleted. It's only more work for you mods. Nate has a system which counts and deletes invalid votes, so we just use that to compile the results.
But thanks for asking anyway! ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.