1 - 20 of 911 Posts

·
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
55,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
The Punk With the Camera
8,604 Posts
San Francisco, no doubt about it. Show me another city on the West Coast (let alone the world) that incorporates suspension bridges so well into the skylines (a skyline that already has some of the most unique highrises in the nation). Seattle's a close second, I'd say. I'd also like to add that while you're adding jokes (I'm looking at Phoenix and Vegas), you might as well have included Fresno since it's larger than Sacramento. And speaking of Sacramento, you didn't exactly pick a flattering image since that's only four out of over a dozen buildings that make up the skyline. If I get around to it, I'll post a more flattering image (not that Sacramento can compete with Los Angeles, Seattle, or San Francisco).

Since this is the new thread, I'll add some good skyline shots of Sacramento (all my own).

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think it will be like this

San Francisco
Los Angeles
Seattle
Denver
Honolulu
San Diego
Portland
Las Vegas
Phoenix
Sacramento
Salt Lake city
Oakland
San Jose
Bellevue, WA is absolutely above the bottom three.

Reactions: SeattleDC

·
I claim to be staff.
2,171 Posts
Seattle's skyline is so kickass I can hardly stand it. Every angle is spectacular... throw in Mt. Rainier along with the surrounding Cascades for picturesque beauty and you've got a clear winner in this contest. LA's central cluster is great and San Francisco's bridges are beautiful but neither are enough to trump Seattle, in my opinion.

Here's my only photo of Seattle:

·
Banned
28,983 Posts
I'm going to go with Seattle. Though LA is close, but it's too much of a fake city. But even strictly aesthetically speaking, Seattle still is slightly more appealing to me.

Reactions: TimFromBish
1 - 20 of 911 Posts