Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Icon Plaza
Developer: Xcell Property Ventures, Inc.

This will rise at 26th Street, BGC (just across Embassy and beside the lot of One Global Place).

Lot area : 2,798 sqm
FAR : 12

Mixed -use development --- G/F and Mezzanine will be commercial spaces.

4 levels of podium parking
___ -- floors of office spaces (I don't have exact number of floors, but this will be about 5-7 levels).

27 residential floors

Studio, 1-BR and 2-BR units.

No prices available at the moment.

Architect: R. Villarosa

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
another Icon... isn't this the second by the same group plus i think there's another project with a similar name or are they all by the same group?

·
Manila, PH
6,537 Posts
Ms Lauren, Xcel Property also is behind the Icon (read: Eye-con) :) Residences. The other iconic tower is Federal Land's/ Metrobank's project, subbed to be the tallest in the country when built.

Thanks for the info @ Ms Cynch. Fingers crossed that this will be one stunning structure considering the prestige of the architect. And FAR is relatively high. Assuming Xcell will maximize their FAR allowance, and there will be 36 floors at least, then we can assume that each floor will be around 930 sq meters. Assuming again that floor will be squarish (hopefully not) it will be at least 30m x 30m in dimensions.

Speculations lang. Antayin na nga lang ang rendering. :)

·
Atenista sa Frisco
11,535 Posts
Thanks for the scoop Cynch! Just fill us in on the details when they become available! :) :) :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen the renderings and the floor plan (during the preview for their marketing network), however hard copies of these are not yet available.

The typical floor plan (ie, whole floor) has a regular square shape.

The building exterior is nice. Honestly, the rendering that was shown to us is not as detailed --- but I would say that this will be a nice building.

During the preview, it was Arch. Villarosa who presented the plans.

That's it for now.

·
Atenista sa Frisco
11,535 Posts
^^ Glassy ba? Na curious na tuloy. Roger Villarosa pala the architect - we can expect a good one then. Looking forward to seeing the renderings when it becomes available. Thanks again Cynch! :)

·
inBUSYble
977 Posts
^^ cant wait to see the rendering> :banana:

·
Atenista sa Frisco
11,535 Posts
^^ WooHoo! I'm all the more excited and really can't wait to see the project rendering! :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
965 Posts
^^ Could be either that lot or the one across the street from it.

Oh never mind. It says next to One Global Place. I think you're right.

·
Proud to be Filipino
4,822 Posts
I got an email with an attached powerpoint of this project.. here are some pix from it...

ICON Plaza... Retail.. Office.. Residences

It’s exhilarating when your world
revolves around you. Imagine being able to have your every desire at Your complete leisure.

The luxury of stretching out from
the center of
Bonifacio Global City
and having anything you want within your reach is pure power.
The convenience of having everything you need just within
Icon Plaza is pure bliss.

Have it all at the Icon Plaza.
Its easy To find yourself there. After all,
The Center is the Attraction

·
11,149 Posts
Thanks. Good thing it's an early rendering. Lots of room for improvements.

·
Atenista sa Frisco
11,535 Posts
^^ I wonder if that minimum size requirement you mentioned is computed for usable space only or total unit space already? Just that baka when you add the balcony in that 34 sqm unit, it comes out to 36sqm na. Just that the 37sqm unit didn't have a balcony eh. Well that's just a guess of course... :) :) :)

·
Atenista sa Frisco
11,535 Posts
Boxy but nice! The front looks quite glassy too (beyond the parking structure level)! Good to know/see that buyers can choose between a unit with balcony or one with floor to ceiling windows or even both. Overall I like it but as Aaron/Thomasian said there is definitely room for improvement! I wonder if this is the same rendering Cynch saw in the Icon presentation at the CAV?

I got an email with an attached powerpoint of this project.. here are some pix from it...

ICON Plaza... Retail.. Office.. Residences

It’s exhilarating when your world
revolves around you. Imagine being able to have your every desire at Your complete leisure.

The luxury of stretching out from
the center of
Bonifacio Global City
and having anything you want within your reach is pure power.
The convenience of having everything you need just within
Icon Plaza is pure bliss.

Have it all at the Icon Plaza.
Its easy To find yourself there. After all,
The Center is the Attraction

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Another box with almost barewalls on it's sides! Good luck to them, daming products out there in the fort. The G word is lingering.

·
Tennyson House SW3 2SX
3,498 Posts
of course we can give you cutting edge architectural variety.
we offer you a choice of:

box box boxbox
boxbox

or:
box box box box box box

why do these developers engage architects at all when its all the same sameness. there must be a dozen new condos that all look like this

i accept the architecture of serendra, SOMA, beaufort, fort victoria,trion .at least they are not clones of anything else that already exists.... But this business of a box with multiple level carpark above ground then condos and topped off with a ski-jump roof is just too repetitive...thats not architecture..thats what a 10 year old builds with his first set of leggo blocks.

I am a big critic of how foreign architectural firms tie up with pinoy firms to get around the law so that they can participate in local projects but in this case Villarosa is giving ammunition that pinoy firms are NOT capable of interesting concepts.

Of course if the developer Excel paid Villarosa peanuts in fees that explains it all.

1 - 20 of 282 Posts