SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Biggest Fireworks ... Dubai

2771 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Dark Matter
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Good...atleast they have the money for fire crackers now!! (thanks to Abu Dhabi)
These are from last year for the opening of the Atlantis Hotel... So no Abu Dhabi money here.
These are from last year for the opening of the Atlantis Hotel... So no Abu Dhabi money here.
oh ok, so now we know why they need the Abu dhabi money in the first place!!
Ha, real funny. I guess that's why the contractor to the Atlantis hotel had nothing to do with the funding for the fireworks.

Right..., Dubai spent all of it's money hosting a silly fireworks show.

Sarcasm aside, when you can actually be funny, let us know. Unless you are that ignorant on how money works and why Dubai really borrowed money.
See less See more
^^Looks like you know a lot about money or have a lot of money (like the contractors who made the resort)....then maybe you can go there and pay the construction workers, many of whom don't have enough to eat!!!
I've got nothing other than a PC pal. It's just that I am educated on the matter of where the money is spent on these projects due to mere interest.

And that may be true (about the workers not being payed), but we also get other reports saying otherwise and since I don't live there, I can't say what's really going on. Seeing that you are from Texas, I'd say you can't judge either.
See less See more
Amazing fireworks... i will wait to see the fireworks at Burj Dubai complex when its complete, or at the grand opening of BD :)
I've got nothing other than a PC pal. It's just that I am educated on the matter of where the money is spent on these projects due to mere interest.

And that may be true (about the workers not being payed), but we also get other reports saying otherwise and since I don't live there, I can't say what's really going on. Seeing that you are from Texas, I'd say you can't judge either.
I spent 20 of the 30 years of my life in UAE...I know if and when a pin drops there!!
See less See more
^^Let me make that more clear...What I was saying was there are places in the Middle East with way more money (maybe 100 times) but you don't see them indulging....examples include Abu Dhabi, Doha in Qatar etc. etc.....The joke is that while Dubai is Britney Spears on adrenaline, Abu Dhabi and Qatar are Monica Bellucci and Julia Roberts!!!
See less See more
But it's their money. Wouldn't you be a bit offended if someone told you where to spend your money?

And yes they did borrow from Abu Dhabi. I think they learned from their mistakes. If not, we all know what will happen.

All I was implying is that Dubai itself had little to do with the funding for the Fireworks show.
See less See more
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.