SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
29,413 Posts
Surely it would be one in the West End?

Blackpool Opera House is 3000 seated capacity.
London Palladium is 2886 seated capacity.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Biggest in terms of area (not just seats) I think is either London Coliseum, 2358 on 4 levels or the Royal Opera House, 2268 on 4 levels.

·
LocksRocks
313 Posts
I once watched Peter Kay at The Hippodrome in Birmingham.
On the back row, I couldn't see a thing.
Anything bigger is too big.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Apparently the Liverpool Empire is " the largest two-tier theatre in Britain". Thats from wikipedia though so it may be wrong. The capacity is a total of 2381 .

·
Registered
864 Posts
O2 is an arena and does not really count as a Theatre, especially as Millenium Dome style performances do not happen and it has massively changed configuration since.

The Royal Albert Hall, does performances and shows and I would have easily thought it counts as a theatre as well as a classical music venue. It's very multi-use whilst being regal.

Conclusion: The Royal Albert Hall is the biggest theatre in England and the UK
Current capcity is reduced due to H&S to 5,544 people!

It does look and feel like a theatre to me

·
Oh! There he is!!
938 Posts
birmingham hippo is only 1935 seats but it does indeed hold claim to the largest performance space outside of london. I think only the ROH, Colliseum and Drury Lane beat it.....my fav theatre in the world has to be the perfection that is the Bham Rep, not a bad seat in the house, which makes me wonder why they have a graded seating price policy, i love it, so open, so wide and such good stuff!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts