SkyscraperCity banner

641 - 660 of 1474 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
What are the gradation of 1. and 2. tiers?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
What are the gradation of 1. and 2. tiers?
Low tier 21º
VIP ring 26º
High tier 36º (one of the steepest in Europe, I guess).

This gradation measures are official. Source (second tier plane): http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1600x1200q90/541/85c9.jpg

I've also calculated C Values. First tier is around 12, VIP ring is around 13, and second tier (highest), around 7-8 (depending on the row). But that's my personal calculation... i can't guarantee that they are correct.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Are they going to sell the naming rights for this stadium? Athletic could use some money I suppose. Given their very limited pool of players they can choose from, might want to make sure they are all well paid.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I love this stadium.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Are they going to sell the naming rights for this stadium? Athletic could use some money I suppose. Given their very limited pool of players they can choose from, might want to make sure they are all well paid.
No, that probably won't happen at short-middle term. In a distant future, who knows. Athletic was one of the last clubs in La Liga, along with Barcelona, showing advertising in their kits. Besides, sponsors are basque companies. Athletic's aim is not to make money, but just being sustanaible. It is very likely that they could earn more if they choose another sponsor, but the fans probably will hate seeing a mobile phone company in the team's kit, let alone selling stadium naming rights. It is a team that has still a traditional aim, although trying to keep up with the modern times.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
LED lightning tests coming fresh (pics taken today):

from @iramaurquijo:

:banana::banana::banana:

There were some doubts on the final results of the LED lightning, and some minor test was held, with not very promising results... until today.

It's gonna look fantastic! :cheers::cheers:

·
AARRGGHH
1,102 Posts
Loved the old Cathedral. Character in every aspect. But this, what's not to like? Everything in clubcolors, very very close to the pitch and steep. Intimidating all the way.
Allready a gem. Nothing else to say.

·
19,401 Posts
I find the bowl design really boring, but the attention to detail like the contrast between the red seats and black painted areas are nice. The exterior is just another follow on from the Allianz Arena, which has obviously had a huge influence on stadium and arena facades in recent years with the use of LEDs and ETFE. I'll give it a 6.5/10.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I find the bowl design really boring, but the attention to detail like the contrast between the red seats and black painted areas are nice. The exterior is just another follow on from the Allianz Arena, which has obviously had a huge influence on stadium and arena facades in recent years with the use of LEDs and ETFE. I'll give it a 6.5/10.
It has some other great features such as one of the steeptest tier in Europe, and wonderful acoustics. Also, it is not true that Allianz's facade had inspired so many new stadiums. Many stadiums have some kind of color facade lightning, like Ajax Arena or Donbass, but as far as I know, you can count with 5 fingers the number of stadiums with state-of-the-art real dynamic lightning, although I guess that we'll see many more in the next years.

Enviado desde mi bq Aquaris 3.5 mediante Tapatalk

·
19,401 Posts
It has some other great features such as one of the steeptest tier in Europe, and wonderful acoustics. Also, it is not true that Allianz's facade had inspired so many new stadiums. Many stadiums have some kind of color facade lightning, like Ajax Arena or Donbass, but as far as I know, you can count with 5 fingers the number of stadiums with state-of-the-art real dynamic lightning, although I guess that we'll see many more in the next years.

Enviado desde mi bq Aquaris 3.5 mediante Tapatalk
Well, it has. Be it the Olympic swimming pool in Beijing, the arena in Glasgow, Le Harvre's stadium and a number of venues during the 2012 Olympics. There's other examples that'll feature during the 2014 World Cup and future 2018 World Cup, too. The influence of Herzog & de Meuron's Allianz Arena is clear, with exterior lighting schemes and the use of ETFE being taken to another level since that stadium was completed back in 2005. In so many ways the use of LEDs to change the colour of the exterior is already dated, which media facades now being the latest thing.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'd agree, 6.5/10, I think some of the praise is over the top, it's a really nice stadium, I like the steep stands and colour combo and the setting and backdrop helps, there is nothing at all that I dislike about it, but, a bowl is a bowl.

The exterior Lighting looks dated compared the 2013 Leeds Arena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oCqyi7daPc

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I actually think it looks better without those lights. Of course that's during the day.
Those disco stadiums are more a thing for the architect to get a hard one on.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I like the overall design and the facade. I agree that the bowl looks too uniform in shape and colour. But in the end what matters is the stadium quality, impression and atmosphere during match time.

641 - 660 of 1474 Posts