SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got a new 70-300 lens today. so it was a time to go out and use it. here are the photos. more photos soon from speed street.

enjoy!

·
Charlotte
684 Posts
Great pictures. Birkdale is my favorite “date spot”. I love that place. Sure, some will say its still just suburban sprawl, but whatever. That place really gets jumping on the weekends, especially at night. I think it’s incredible. Definitely the nicest lifestyle center in the metro and one of the nicer ones in the Southeast.

Pic from the net.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
70-300mm lens!! Sounds awesome. You should be able to get some great tele's with that lens. Does it have various f stops and if so, what is the range? Maybe you can post a photo of it?

Hopefully in two years I'll be able to move up to a DSLR and get a couple nice lenses.

By the way, those macros look really nice.

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick in Atlanta, i havent had a chance to look at the lens and what it can do just yet. my dad just bought it becasue he wanted it. wtf?!

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Suburban sprawl, or not, Birkdale Village looks like an oasis in the desert. It seems to have many of the elements of a small city, or at least an old-fashion town. As for the photos, they are outstanding, as usual :eek:kay:

·
Registered
765 Posts
style, do you digitally enhance your photos. you're pics are great but enhancing works well with some dark photos, but i am sure you already know this. :)

enhanced

as you can see it is a slight difference, but nothing much.

·
King of the Queen
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was going to. but then i didnt.

i have a copy of that photo that is edited more. i edit every photo about six different ways and then pick whichever one i want. :p

·
Registered
568 Posts
Style said:
tilt your head.

No need to get all defensive. Tilted photos are not a good thing. Arent you the guy who was braging about how great a photographer he is? Anyway, the photos are nice, but there are definite problems with them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Koreanczyk said:
No need to get all defensive. Tilted photos are not a good thing. Arent you the guy who was braging about how great a photographer he is? Anyway, the photos are nice, but there are definite problems with them.

WOW, talk about being critical. This is a skyscraper forum, not a photography forum.

I liked them Style, as we do all your photo's.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mobuchu said:
WOW, talk about being critical. This is a skyscraper forum, not a photography forum.

I liked them Style, as we do all your photo's.

Actually, I started this because of what I read in another forum where Style in a reprehensible and rude fashion totally cut down another forumer for the quality of his photos while at the same time boasting of being a super photographer. It was quite pathetic to see actually. I have no problem with Style's photos per se, though the compositions werent to my liking. I had a bit of a problem with his attitude.

Dont take this as an attack on you Style. I was just a bit put off by your comments. You are probably a nice guy but we must keep our egos in check.

P.S. I thought he guy's photos that you tore down werent all that bad actually. Is there a personal reason for your attacks on that guy? Ive seen many worse photos than those, a LOT worse in the UPC for example.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts