Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 536 Posts

·
BAND AID
4,590 Posts
Woody keeps nagging all of us photographers to get some new shots of the skyline. I've had a hectic couple of months what with holidays, stag nights and weddings, but I'll be back taking photo's before you know it and I promise to get some new angles on the skyline.

·
Yep
3,817 Posts
ooo, nice stuff there. Like smiley I've had a busy few weeks lately - not been posting much either, but I feel a trip to frankley beeches may be in order when the sun's out.

·
Registered
399 Posts
B'ham skyline looks best at night. During the day all the colors seem to blend into something not very interesting (with the exception of Hyatt and HCT). At night however, all the blues and purples come out, stunning.

·
Registered
11,760 Posts
I actually really like the Brum skyline - thew shot from the south east with HCT creating a peak with the sentinels and arena central beside it, thers something quite american about it.

·
Like 'Berg'
6,807 Posts
It certainly is becoming a cool Skyline, HCT looks stunning from those distances, almost exotic. Also that first picture, one of the sentinals looks like its clad in the same metallic finish of HCT, the weather makes it look v silvery, lol. The geographical benefits you guys get makes the buildings look even bigger, some of those shots are looking very American.. Lets just hope you get some more towers soon to keep it going.

·
Kebab Licker
3,165 Posts
I drove up Frankley beeches t'other night and I must say HCT looked smashing from the brief glimpses I got. HAven't been up there ina while.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Fantastic images, The skyline really could do with a 500ft plus tower or two as it would make a big difference, HCT on its own has already made a big impact imagine just a few more but a bit taller. :)

·
Wheels...
4,244 Posts
that pic is a rough guess at what is already going up and the tallest being A.C. at about similar height to HCT (A.C. will be situated on a ridge higher than HCT)

·
Wheels...
4,244 Posts
the building immediately to the right of hct is the tramps tower (about 20 something storeys)

the tower between John Bright and Orion towers is either kennedy tower or could be the new Mailbox tower, Orion is going to be slightly lower than Alpha tower as it is in quite a dip in comparison although I rekon actual height of buildings will be little difference (Alpha Tower being 100 metres high, I am guessing Orion at 90-100) crikey, I'm gonna label everything next time with exact heights ;)

1 - 20 of 536 Posts