Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Birmingham is a great city....I miss it a lot.

I never got to see the redeveloped Bull Ring before I left. I've never seen HCT in the flesh and I haven't driven down the Aston Expressway in years. People bash Brum, but it's a good city. It has everything to offer - parks, museums, shopping, history, canals and a good public transport infrastructure (compared to cities in the US, for instance).

I'm looking forward to coming back eventuallly. I lived in Wolverhampton for a long time and I'm a big Wolves fan (sorry). I miss the pubs and the Black Country in general.

Anyway, I'll be posting here from time to time and checking out your great pictures of the city. I hope Arena Central goes ahead - it will be a world class skyscraper, if built.

Up the Wolves!!!!

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pirlo_21 said:
it certainly is a fantastic city

hello!!!
Hello back!

Brum has come a long way in the last 15 years - I wish I was there to see it and capture it on camera.

·
Ow'amya ?
512 Posts
Juan Kerr said:
Hello back!

Brum has come a long way in the last 15 years - I wish I was there to see it and capture it on camera.
Well you will just have to rely on us for now, if there are any particular buildings that you would like photographed which are not already on the forum let me know and i will see what i can do.

Hurry up though, i'm moving to Wolverhampton soon ... lol

·
Simples
6,818 Posts
It's funny i went away from the UK for 15months (and got back exactly 2 years ago yesturday) and was surprised how much i missed brum while i was away. I think it's a much friendlier city than people realise until they leave.

Hello btw and nice Avatar - but don't be "Doomed" to not visiting again will you.. sorry

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CargoHold said:
Well you will just have to rely on us for now, if there are any particular buildings that you would like photographed which are not already on the forum let me know and i will see what i can do.

Hurry up though, i'm moving to Wolverhampton soon ... lol
Thanks!

I keep an eye on this forum a lot....it's a bit of a cure for my homesickness. I took some pics of Brum 3 years ago and it looks different now....so many new buildings.

I would love to see Arena Central get built.

p.s. Wolverhampton is a good place too - it's a surprisingly nice city, especially on the west side (Tettenhall, Compton etc). Plus you have Shropshire & Wales on your doorstep.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Engels said:
It's funny i went away from the UK for 15months (and got back exactly 2 years ago yesturday) and was surprised how much i missed brum while i was away. I think it's a much friendlier city than people realise until they leave.

Hello btw and nice Avatar - but don't be "Doomed" to not visiting again will you.. sorry
It's a lot friendly than here (Miami). People here tend to be f**king rude and they're horrible drivers. I found people from the Black Country to be very friendly. I miss going into pubs and striking up random conversations with people, mostly about football.

The UK is the kind of country that you don't really learn to fully appreciate until you leave it, then you think "s**t, maybe the UK wasn't so bad after all".

·
Simples
6,818 Posts
Juan Kerr said:
It's a lot friendly than here (Miami). People here tend to be f**king rude and they're horrible drivers. .
I've found the US to be very mixed when i have been there. Some of the most welcoming people on the planet in some places (like San Francisco) and as rude as shit elsewhere (Hawaii - but then i don't blame them as being poor in a rich tourist paradise must be worse than living in Wolverhampton ;) )

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Engels said:
I've found the US to be very mixed when i have been there. Some of the most welcoming people on the planet in some places (like San Francisco) and as rude as shit elsewhere (Hawaii - but then i don't blame them as being poor in a rich tourist paradise must be worse than living in Wolverhampton ;) )
Trust me - being poor in a rich person's paradise (such as here) is worse than living in Wolves.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stourbridgebaggie said:
are you originally from wolverhampton then juan kerr?
Well, no...I was born in London, lived in Luton for a while, but most of my life was spent in Dudley & Wolverhampton, so I consider myself a Black Country native. I miss the place a lot and I'm looking forward to coming back soon for a holiday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts