SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a potential future documentary I'm looking to reference the housing shown in these UK children's book illustrations from the 1970s. Anyone have a clue where they might be set? From the book, the housing yard is described as a former canal boat building yard and the houses appear to be built in a square or circular shape with a tree in the middle. I'm a filmmaker with no real knowledge of architecture but thought this was worth a go as I'm looking to film the locations as close as I can. Ta!

Attachments

·
Resurrected
24,108 Posts
What pops up to my mind are Manchester oder Little Venice in London, maybe also Leigh in Edinburgh. Or is it a smaller place?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ooh excellent suggestions thankyou , I did think manchester by the canal. I've actually contacted the illustrator who is in 80's maybe she will have based these on somewhere. I'll check those suggestions though, thankyou. I'm guessing manchester's canalways are pretty iconic.

·
12,610 Posts
ooh excellent suggestions thankyou , I did think manchester by the canal. I've actually contacted the illustrator who is in 80's maybe she will have based these on somewhere. I'll check those suggestions though, thankyou. I'm guessing manchester's canalways are pretty iconic.
Birmingham's canals are far more iconic, moreso than any British city.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts