SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 628 Posts

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided to start a thread devoted to the construction boom on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast. It has its pros and cons and is highly controversial. Please post images, renderings of future developments, news or anything that might be appropriate.

By the way, let's stay away from comparisons. The coast in Bulgaria is different than the one in Croatia and the one in Croatia is different than the one in Ukraine. Each one is unique. Let's respect that.

Here are some images from Royal Park in Elenite:

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha, I was in the Sun City residences 2 months ago. Not bad at all. Even the bartender was Irish.
I like the Sun City architecture. It's style really appeals to me and looks different.

Irish bartender. I bet, he works illegally. Damn! And the Irish themselves want to keep their labor market closed. There is no justice in this world. Let's not get off topic.

·
Banned
9,467 Posts
As we are talking about over construction...

Hundreds Rally against Cementing Bulgaria's Protected Areas

Bulgarian non-governmental organizations staged simultaneous rallies Saturday in several cities in protest to the unrestricted construction works in protected areas.

Sofia, Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Varna and Blagoevgrad saw banners, reading "Stop the Construction Terror!" and nature lovers urging for developing alternative, not mass tourism.

The initiative was prompted by the breach of the environment ministry's ban on construction works in the coastal campsite of Irakli. Located in the northern part of Bulgaria's Black Sea coast, Irakli is a protected area facing the threat of being wiped out by urbanization and expanding ventures.

The desire to protect one of the few wild beaches in Bulgaria gathered together hundreds of people from across the country in a mission, called "Let's save Irakli!"

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
I hope our politicians start finally realizing construction has its limits and once they are crossed >>> pure ecological destruction. fucking greedy bastards >(

·
зъл "ком&#1091
1,248 Posts
the politicians cannot do ANYTHING to get in the way of the people and money building all this.

·
Banned
112 Posts
Wow! :applause:

I Never knew Bulgaria's coastline looked like this. Are all these developments recent? Also, how many tourists visit Bulgaria anually?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow! :applause:

I Never knew Bulgaria's coastline looked like this. Are all these developments recent? Also, how many tourists visit Bulgaria anually?
Yes. All these developments are brand new. This is a new trend in Bulgaria, which has become very popular recently, but has been around in America for some time. All these buildings, with the exception of the first one, are holiday residencial complexes. All apartments are privately owned and used as vacation homes. However, when the owners are not around, they operate as a hotel and are being rented out. It's a pretty useful strategy, because you recoup your investment much faster.

I have not posted the pictures of any real hotels yet, but will do that soon.

By the way, most units in these buildings are owned by Brits, Irish and wealthy Bulgarians.

1 - 20 of 628 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.