Retail space: 1,200m²

Height: 92.6m

Floors: 27

-

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
uses the Roundabout as a feature.
i believe you meant that it "respects the form of the central space and enhances the setting of the historic obelisk - recreating the circus as the public space it was intended to be [...by] creating an active and walkable edge [...and] reintroducing the traditional concave building structures that form the circle"

easy mistake to make :lol:

·
Hello
1,704 Posts
Very nice. Nice to see what looks like brick and stone. Not just an improvement on what's currently there, but a really good building.

I don't know what anyone else thinks, but it has an Art Deco look about it as it at its highest parts in my opinion.

·
Registered
804 Posts
This looks absolutely amazing!

Just checked google maps and it seems to be a bit far from the emerging cluster which will be on the riverside. That being said though, I realised how rubbish some buildings on this road are and I would love to see some redevelopment around here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very nice indeed.

A breath of fresh air from the metal/clad/glass/shiny school of thinking, plus it makes good on St George's Circus, making it more of a circus again :cheers:

Let's hope the crap on the same side behind it goes soon too.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Mclaren house is student accommodation, I would like to see it go but I doubt it will. The other sides are Victorian and a very dreary little eighties building.

·
Registered
262 Posts
^^ While I like the reintroduction of brick as an external material in new buildings (as well as the general improvements in basic design over the past few years) in a lot of them either the quality of the bricks themselves or the way in which they have been applied are/has been very poor (some even having parts of the facade falling to bits already!). That hotel on the corner however looked top notch when I walked past last week, so this Blackfriars Rd one should have a good chance of being as well.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts