SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
metrocard millionaire
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I meant to post this a couple of weeks back...man I Had dreamed for years about this and I hope it will happen soon..but the mta is always good for delivering late
http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?&aid=50679&search_result=1&stid=5

from the article/link
May 07, 2005

The MTA says it will use nearly $32 million of its capital budget to build a connection between the uptown 6 Line and the IND trains at the Bleecker Street subway station in Lower Manhattan.

Right now, subway riders can only transfer to and from the downtown 6 to the B, Q, F and V trains at the Broadway-Lafayette station. It's the only one-way transfer in the entire subway system.

The agency has set aside an additional $18 million to give the station a face-lift and make it more accessible to the disabled.

Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.
Copyright © 2005 NY1 News. All rights reserved.
heres an image from the article about it in the May 7th NYT:

·
metrocard millionaire
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it'd be nice if they could connect this station to prince street

you know what'd be ill, if they added some elevators for transfering to the V,F,D,B

·
Lurker
1,816 Posts
Third of a kind said:
it'd be nice if they could connect this station to prince street

you know what'd be ill, if they added some elevators for transfering to the V,F,D,B
It would probably be difficult to add elevators to link the platforms. I remember it took the MTA like 2 years and a ton of construction work to add an elevator to the 14st/8ave L station.

·
chek ur hed
473 Posts
Thank god. I take the F from Brooklyn to B'way and Lafayette and hate having to go above ground, walk down Houston, make a left on Lafayette, walk up a block and go down to get the 6. It makes no sense.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts