Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What the hell is with that on CP1? I saw it a few weeks ago and finally found a picture of it...anyone? :-/

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
the old BMU is a classic. these "creatures" come out once a month to give the facade a much needed clean. when a roof is unusual there normally housed inside it or enclosed somewhere.

126 Phillip is so big it needs 2 BMU's
you can see in this pic the massive 20m arm has got its own balcony.it was outstretched the otherd ay.

checkout World towers.it literally dangles the cleaners out 20m away from centre of bldg.jee they must be safe?

·
Registered
338 Posts
It realy is a good and unique idea as it matches the building and when aligned with the roof you can barely see the division

·
6,438 Posts
So how does a BMU like World's Towers clean the facade from so far away - does it just shoot a jet of water out at the building? What else can BMU's do apart from clean the building?

CP1 looks bizarre, anyone else got photos of BMU's in action

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
cool, finally a thread on the every busy BMU's. essential to every tall building!!
i think the largest BMU in Australia would be housed Sydney's Angel Place. has anyone seen it? They actually designed the roof to house the damn thing.
heres a bad pic withit about to come out.>

The new Darling park 3 tower has grooves around the top so the BMU can get around its perimetre.

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
^ very cool pic sirh8. isnt it a beauty!
heres a couple from today
Rialtos is a permanent fixture atop the roof. it sort of suits it in an ugly way.
Council didnt like how it wasnt going to be housed but you cant see it from street.

with the BMU on Spherion, they added an extra 1metre to its height for the platform.its also permamently left out.

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
view from George st today of angel place BMU

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
126 Phillip streets very pointy BMU today

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
the enormous BMU on Aurora

·
16,528 Posts
god i love bmu's!:D illl try and get some more pics of varoius ones here.

there are some tallish buildings in perth (nearly 100m high) yet they dont have a bmu. can someone please tell me how this works and they musthave an economical way to clean windows ect...

·
6,438 Posts
Lumley Centre, Auckland

by flyin_higher

by atkinson1

·
Registered
77,376 Posts
wow BMU's even come in handy for lifting spires into posi

·
Registered
77,376 Posts