SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Finish the fight
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bogotá D.C. a city in central Colombia, is the country's capital, located at an elevation of about 2,650 m. / 8,660 ft. on a mountain rimmed plateau high in the Cordillera Oriental of the Andes Mountains. This gives it constant spring like weather. It lies only 4°36' north of the equator.

Today Bogotá is a cosmopolitan city in continuous expansion. It is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas, not only in Colombia, but also in South America. Its almost 6 million inhabitants include a multitude of immigrants from all over the world, which makes the capital a true microcosm of the nation. Modern highrises and skyscrapers contrast with old houses of colonial and republican architecture. Bogotá offers residents and visitors everything that a modem city can give. Cultural activities abound and its enormous selection of restaurants, bars and nightclubs offers all kinds of food and entertainment.

Enjoy it :cheers:

·
Mainland Sea & Sky
6,242 Posts
cool shots for this cool city !

·
XXX
512 Posts
Nice photo's.
I don't know, I've never been to Bogotá but somehow I love this city. Like I love Amsterdam and Paris ;)
One of my favourite cities in (South) America

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I always think this is the most underrated city in S.A. Buenos Aires, San Paulo and Santiago seem to get all the attention. Bogota is a wonderful city, with wonderful people, and nice temperate weather. Btw, this is the best Bogota photo thread I've seen! :cheers:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Nice thread. Now, we need to see some images of the more modern areas of the city.

Bogotá is a city that has improved in many aspects during recent years. Our public transportacion system called Transmilenio has become a model of transportacion for many other cities abroad, and quality of life has improved.

In terms of infrastructure and planning, undoubtely, Bogotá is among the best in Latin America.

·
Aqui hechando el Arte
1,672 Posts
WOW, very nice, one of best thread of Bogota that i've seens

1 - 20 of 20 Posts