Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pereira's Star Child
6,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bogota has a total of 186 miles of safe Bicycle Paths for everyone to use.

Bogota's CicloRutas (Bike Paths) are one of the longest in the world covering a total of 301KM, from Monserrate to the Bogota River. On Sundays, approximately 1.5 Million people take to the streets in their bicycles as 120KM of streets are closed. I think this is a great initiative by the Bogota local government and allows for the reduction of smog from emissions and encourages healthy alternatives to mass transportation as well as exercise for the masses

It would be amazing to see NYC having this, because honestly the NYC bike paths are not that safe to ride. I know Bogota's ex-mayor was in NYC talking about their system so you never know!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've seen that in bogota in person, if you could just keep the people from walking on them, that would be nice. I never rode a bike there because I was a tourist, but I didn't see that many bikes riding on them, mostly people walking where they shouldn't

·
Lurker
1,816 Posts
**** bike lanes. i stay at least one lane into avenues because it's always safer for me. you don't have to worry about assholes jumping out into the street or getting doored, while you can judge cars making turns ahead of you much easier - the only thing to worry about it cars changing lanes, and as long as you're aggressive, they usually stay in check... my 2 cents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts