SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone had a photo of this building. I've searched the net to no avail. I used to live there while I attended Sandwell College so I've a few fond memories of the place :)

I'd be greatful for any help, cheers! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! Very much appreciated Butterfield...

Brings back a few memories of good old Ocker Hill, I don't know what it's like there now but when I lived there it was a little bit rough to say the least, I hope things have changed! Many thanks again :)

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,805 Posts
No problems! And welcome to SSC btw :wave:

That part of Ocker Hill is still quite rough. I noticed some of the low rise flats that you can see in the third photo were boarded up with metal shutters which to me suggests future demolition. Two other tower blocks down the road were demolished a couple of years back (one was called Beatty House I think) and there seems to be scaffolding up at other low rise flats and housing which must all be having a makeover. Looks like they're trying to improve the area.

How long is it since you lived there?

·
Second Citizen
16,937 Posts
They are building on the site of the old power station now aren't they - does anyone know what's going up?

·
lime-hating shrublet
21,805 Posts
Bio I thought that there was a housing estate built on it 10+ years ago. I've never driven onto it and I'm not sure if it's actually on the site of the power station or just by it. Part of the Black Country Route that links to Wednesbury was built behind it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wot ya tewkin abayt

Give up Bolton COurt wasnt rough it just had the 3 horse shoes to contend with evryone else wer just chillin in da hazeQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
It's Sting. So What?
32,693 Posts
That's one way of bumping a thread...

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
I lived in Bolton Court too .One of the problems was the rubbish that used to collect on the ground floor . The area was/ is quite bleak but at least it isn't too far from Wednesbury Parkway Metro so although it's in the Ocker Hill (Bonk) / Tipton border you can be in Snow Hill in twenty minutes and Wolverhampton in ten .

·
Ahoy Ahoy
7,829 Posts
I got my wardrobes from Bolton Court. Some asylum seekers had moved in and took delivery of new wardrobes. The day after the asylum seekers fell off the radar.

They were never used. That's again Sandwell M.B.C.
The place was horrible, the Walls were painted with a really oppressive colour to combat any graffiti.

These surely have not got long left, along with Lion Farm, in Oldbury.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts