SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a while since I posted a photographic thread, so I guess I'll start with some pictures I took on my last trip to Brazil this February (2008). I'll focus on Bombinhas & surroundings in Santa Catarina state, Brazil. Bombinhas is a beach town located on a peninsula a few hours north of Florianopolis, the capital of Santa Catarina state (pictures will follow). I spent four days there before going to Florianopolis.

Here a satellite image of the location:

Now let's start the show with the crowded beach of Bombinhas:

New summer condos being developed: note how they are all well equipped for grilling :)

Praia do Embrulho:

Praia da Sepultura:

The pretty Praia do Ribeiro, inserted in a small peninsula between Bombinhas and Bombas:

Bombas:

More pictures of the coast:

Someone's expensive villas:

Beautiful Praia do Estaleiro.....I much prefer these small remote beaches to the long crowded ones of Bombinhas and Bombas :)

The colourful village of Araça:

The Ilha de Porto Belo:

The gorgeous beach:

Upon the island I walked on the ecological trail....my first time in the jungle :D

Ancient writings on the stones on top of the island:

The top of the island affords a great view over Itapema and the gulf of Porto Belo:

Itapema and the mountains in the background:

beach, skyscrapers, and mountains:

Pereque and Itapema:

Views of the Ilha de Porto Belo from the top:

Lastly to the Praia de 4 Ilhas (apparently the cross below was planted in the XVIII century)

Scenes of the beach at sundown:

The beautiful sky over the beach:

Getting dark....

....and darker....

.....and finally night sets in

Time to go to sleep ;)

Hope you enjoyed the thread :cheers:

·
Registered
286 Posts
How cool to see those photos! I grew up going every summer to the largest beach in the region, called Balneario Camboriu, just after Itapema. God I miss it! I'll be in Brazil in December and I'll sure be going there!!!
Thanx for the photos!

·
Registered
meow
5,929 Posts
Oh nice pics! How did you like the area? IMO Bombinha has the best beaches of our coast, but I really don't go there too much because of the awful traffic jams they have. (a road linking BR-101 and Bombinhas is being planned)

But I used to spend every single summer from 1996 to 2002 or so in Itapema, so yeah, rly nice pics. I miss our beaches, especially here in the 35-deg-heat of Bucharest hahah.

Cool, what else did you visit in SC? And why did you come to SC? It's not too usual to see foreigners that are not from South America over there! :cool:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks to Bruno_BL, mhays, AJ215, and Brazil Gold Coast for their comments

Oh nice pics! How did you like the area? IMO Bombinha has the best beaches of our coast, but I really don't go there too much because of the awful traffic jams they have. (a road linking BR-101 and Bombinhas is being planned)

But I used to spend every single summer from 1996 to 2002 or so in Itapema, so yeah, rly nice pics. I miss our beaches, especially here in the 35-deg-heat of Bucharest hahah.

Cool, what else did you visit in SC? And why did you come to SC? It's not too usual to see foreigners that are not from South America over there! :cool:
Thanks, I liked the area a lot (the beaches have beautiful sand, and the sky in southern Brazil is gorgeous)....I guess I was lucky since I didn't encounter any traffic jams going to Bombinhas.

I have been traveling to Parana` more than once for personal reasons. From there I take a trip to the coast. Last time I had gone to the Litoral Paranaense, this time to Santa Catarina. I also visited Florianopolis and Riberao da Ilha (Azorean settlement near Floripa) while in Santa Catarina. I wanted to check Joinville on the way back but didn't have time. Next time I would enjoy exploring the interior of SC (Joinville, Blumenau, Pomerode, Parque de Imparados da Serra etc.).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts