SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Borderless Competition: Designing Future ASEAN Borders

The Borderless Competition brings attention to the spaces along the borders of the 10 ASEAN nations, with the aim of improving their existing conditions.

While there has been much discussion about achieving a "borderless" condition through economic and legislative intiatives, currently, the actual border spaces themselves have been neglected and are lagging behind these developments.

For many people inhabiting these areas, the border remains a place of division and uncertainty. Outdated infrastructure affects their sense of security and livelihood. Socio-economic and cultural differences lead to misunderstandings and inequalities. In some areas, borders have become spaces of conflict and dispute.

The competition seeks proposals that focus on local border sites, where specific cultural, social and ecological issues can be addressed while engaging in larger spatial and institutional scales. The goal is to demonstrate how architecture can re-define the future of ASEAN borders.

The Borderless Competition is sponsored by the Association of Siamese Architects (ASA). The Jury of the competition are: Vo Trong Nghia, Takashi Niwa & Masaaki Iwamoto of Vo Trong Nghai Architects (Vietnam); Takaharu Tezuka (Japan); Ary Indra, Rafael David & Johansen Yap of Aboday (Indonesia); Boonserm Premthada (Thailand); Luke Yeung and Jariyawadee Lekawatana from Architectkidd (Thailand).

For more information:

http://www.borderlesscompetition.com/

www.facebook.com/borderlesscompetition

email: [email protected]

·
VINCIT OMNIA VERITAS
898 Posts
^^^
I agree to DISAGREE with your viewpoint as well as the original poster since I have shared the sentiment with Imperfect Ending and Melrock50
Actually, I don't understand what you said obviously. I don't get it :pet:

My bro, sincerely, may it be the stupid way that we will be the borderless region, but it is what the way that you can "absorb"anything good from my "beloved" neighboring countries. :lol::nuts:

Correct me if I misunderstand.....please tell me more what you know 555

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Reduced borders are great to improve mobility and transborder trade and travel.

But merging countries, even the EU member states have not achieved this (and never will).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts