Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I won't be updating this thread anymore.

When I got updates to do I'll be updating them here instead: Stockholm City walks

I'm still updating old updates from here to there though, in a smaller number of pictures in each post.

But when new ones appear then anyone is welcome to add them here, if anyone wants too that is. :)
Bosco's Stockholm

Just some pictures from around the city! I'll try to update this thread on a regular basis!

Well known spots but perhaps also some not so well known areas of Stockholm, at least from a tourist point of view! At least that is what I imagine!

I am no photographer (at all) so the focus of this hread is the city and not my lack of knowledge when it comes to taking photos! ;)

The first picture I took was of a house on Kungsholmen that I really liked and then these first pictures of mine just follows a short distance of my walk through the city today.

Kungsholmen

Most of them from a distance, only the first four are taken at Kungsholmen.

Karlberg

Kungsholmen again

And to finnish this post of just three pictures from under St:Eriksbron which is very often used in movies, Tv-series and even commercials when Stockholm needs a "dangerous" location or something :) :

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^

Thanks! :)

---

My beloved Birkastan, used to live there and I absolutely loved it!
Why the heck did I move? :nuts:

Birkastan

·
Registered
975 Posts
Agh Stockholm, I just love it. Nice to see the bits away from Gamla Stan too. I'll have to make a return visit in the not too distant future!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks to you all!

About the bright coloured buildings!

I had a friend from Paris over in Stockholm a few years ago and all he said when he saw the coloured buildings was (in english with broken french that is)
- oh we don't have this in Paris!

Still don't know if it was a good or a bad thing though! :)

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are these towers, and when were they built?

Very nice Birkastan, shows how high density and green suburbia feeling can be combined. Built in the 1910s, 20s?
The green one to the left is Sportpalatset and the one the right is S.t Erikspalatset (It's red)

Sportpalatset was built between 1929-1930 after drawings by architect Jean Sigfrid Adrians.
The house was built for different sports, it had a swimmingpool, tenniscourt and a gymnastics hall.
The whole complex was opened in 1934, it then also had a cinema and a resturant. All that ended already 1956.
But Sportpalatset is perhaps most well known for the location of the Polar Studio where ABBA made their records.

S:t Erikspalatset to the right is from 1909 by Dorph & Höög (Victor Dorph och Anders Johan Höög). It was the highest building in Sweden between 1909 and 1924.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Great buildings, nice colours. Can't wait to go to Stockholm, from 9 till 13 august me and my parents will visit the city. Thanks for the great pictures!

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A bit cloudy today!
Went to some nice areas but I don't know if I should post them or not or perhaps I should return to those areas on a more sunny day, don't know yet!

Well any way I'll post some photos taken from cloudy today from the northern part of Birkastan just before Karlbergsvägen and then some from the most western part of Karlbergsvägen up to S:t Eriksgatan.
And then I'll have to think about what to do with the other ones.

More Birkastan

Karlbergsvägen

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What the heck cloudy or not I'll post them!

Röda Begen (The Red mountains)

Are located between Karlbergsvägen, Norrbackagatan, Gävlegatan and S:t Eriksgatan.

1 - 20 of 251 Posts