SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Very nice photos, but I am sure that the cities are a lot greater populated than your facts. I usually trust Emporis for their city information on population and architeture, since they are very specific on their information. :)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just took the first 2005 estimates I could find with a Google search. I'm certain they're much more also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sarajevo and Banja Luka totals were almost double including suburbs.

·
I come in peace \V/
11,251 Posts
wb Mila, nice pics,

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Mila said:
I just took the first 2005 estimates I could find with a Google search. I'm certain they're much more also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sarajevo and Banja Luka totals were almost double including suburbs.

I am pretty sure that the cities with their suburbs are much more also! For example, Sarajevo is probably 500,000 - 600,000 , Banja Luka is about 300,000 - 400,000 , etc.

·
I come in peace \V/
11,251 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
You guys are way off in your estimates (no offense), the ones posted in the first post are by far the best.

Sarajevo having more than 410k is just wishfull thinking. It probably indeed has around 383.604 people. This takes into account the four official city municipalities (Centar, Novi Grad, Novo Sarajevo, and Stari Grad) as well as Ilidza and Vogosca. 173.748 for Banja Luka sounds pretty realistic as well.

The statistics for Tuzla, Zenica, and Mostar, also sound pretty right. What you guys are forgetting is that the statistics you're used to seeing (105k for Mostar) are not estimates for the actual city but the entire municipality, which means it includes the people of a bunch of villages that have nothing to do with Mostar the city.

GeoHive is trustworthy, but the problem is that there has been no official census in a while. I'm pretty skeptical of the estimates provided. Of course the RS bureau of statistics is not at all trustworthy. According to it, the RS population increase from 2000 to 2003 was twice as big as the population increase of the Federation from 2000 to 2004. The federation statistical bureau isn't quite as bad, but still... Unsko-sanski is well known to be the fastest growing canton, yet according to this it's population went down by several thousand. Also, the Herzegovina cantons are well known to have the highest rate of emmigration, yet their population according to this is doing the best. Then again maybe these are just readjustments of estimates.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.