Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Borat Sagdiev
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to Boston last week on my tour of the North East and had a blast, here are the pics I took.

Enjoy! - No order.. just randomly placed

For those who dont know.. that roof is solid GOLD!!

Some night shots..

hope you enjoyed.. i know some of them are sloppy but i only had 2 days..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Boston

Very nice indeed.

I spent part of my teens and early 20s in the Boston area, but I haven't been back since the 1980s. The city's still very recognizable to me from these pics.

What's the new bluish high-rise near the water in one of the shots?

·
Registered
14 Posts
very nice thread...no pics of Fenway or the of the Mandarin Oriental, my fav project in the city,if u havent been to the city in more than 10 years your likely to get lost...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Great pics of this great city... I have been to Boston (also for two days) one week earlier and it was actually quite a deception: I wanted to go to the skydeck of the Prudential Tower and found it closed because of some private party or something. I also wanted to go to Fenway Park (go Socks), but it was sold out because of these damned Yankees, who beat the Socks

I hope to be more lucky next year: in that case I will check the schedule of the Red Sox!

By the way: your city hall is actually awful!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow! That's such a gorgeous city. I've never been there personally, but I have many friends who have lived there and miss it dearly. The city centre pics remind me somewhat of Melbourne/Sydney with the mix of old and new, while the neighbourhoods with the red brick homes scream "Chicago!" Lovin' it!

·
the world inside...
1,514 Posts
Stunning pictures, it's indeed a quite nice city mixing old arquitecture with brand-new buildings... it resembles London. I'd like to see John Hancock building, i have heard it's New England's tallest. Loving Boston... :)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Boston is quite a beautiful city with a certain European allure, despite being also a real American city (imho), John Hancock-building is superb:

The city hall actually isn't. Especially the emptiness in front of it scars the city, a shame!

The same goes for Prudential, awful tower:

·
A B C
1,669 Posts
Boston is quite a beautiful city with a certain European allure, despite being also a real American city (imho), John Hancock-building is superb:

The city hall actually isn't. Especially the emptiness in front of it scars the city, a shame!

The same goes for Prudential, awful tower:

Your first two picture is not the John Hancock Tower. That's the Boston Exchange Place. Your last picture is also not the Prudential Tower but the One Financial Center.

·
Registered
698 Posts
^---- Either way, Erasmus is right about one thing: City Hall Plaza is now the ugliest scar left in the city from the 60s urban renewal disasters. I really hope that Mumbles' plan to sell off City Hall and relocate it to the Seaport goes through - think of what could go there in its place! And not a NIMBY in site to bitch about shadows or obstructed views :)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Your first two picture is not the John Hancock Tower. That's the Boston Exchange Place. Your last picture is also not the Prudential Tower but the One Financial Center.
What's the name of that magnificant building on the first two pictures in that case?
The tower in the third picture will be John Hancock then?
The tower in the last pic is clearly not Prudential: that's way uglier! I knew that, I'm sorry about that mistake!
Buying a 'rough guide' is clearly not good enough!:eek:hno:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts