SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple has just unveiled their newly finished Apple Store in Boston. Hope you guys appreciate it as much as I did, and feel free to post pics of your Apple stores too. Thank you to kz1000ps from ArchBoston.com for all of these photos.

Yes, that is an all-glass staircase.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Detroit has three Apple Stores. The first opened in 2002 at Twelve Oaks Mall and the second opened shortly after at the Somerset Collection (mall) in Troy. The third was a more recent addition (2007) at the new Partridge Creek "lifestyle center". There is a fourth one in nearby Ann Arbor.

This is the newest one in Partridge Creek (I have no idea who the people are)

© lippo

·
Registered
778 Posts
Detroit has three Apple Stores. The first opened in 2002 at Twelve Oaks Mall and the second opened shortly after at the Somerset Collection (mall) in Troy.
I tried to break a mac-air book, at the store in somerset, i couldnt do it, was impressed.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
That Boston store looks great!!!

An all glass staircase? That's too nice for me lol. Give me creaky wood or worn down limestone and I'll be happy lol.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I don't like it. It does not go with the landscape at all.

What would have been better is if they took one of those historical buildings and put a Apple logo on it. :cool:
I usually agree with that but I think they did a good job on this one. It is vastly different but it still fits in very well imo.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't like it. It does not go with the landscape at all.

What would have been better is if they took one of those historical buildings and put a Apple logo on it. :cool:
That was the complaint of many Back Bay residents. They didn't like the contrast of styles. However, I think they did this perfectly. It's a very classy builiding...definitely rivals the beautiful cube in New York City.

I definitely plan to visit there with some graduation money once I fly back home. Time for this fella to get himself a MacBook.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here's a picture of what was previously there right before they knocked it down. It was a Copy Cop, so it's not like they were destroying a building of any beauty or significance.

·
Civilization
2,713 Posts
I think it's gorgeous.

All Apple Store's are beautiful

·
Premium Member
30,252 Posts
^^ The standalone Apple stores, yeah. The one here in Hartford in a mall is rather nondescript.

I guess if that was the building they were replacing, then it was better this way. However, I still believe that Apple should have chosen a historical building and used a logo on top...

My favorite Apple store is this one in Regent Street in London. :banana:

They could have found a similar kind of building in Boston.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Beautiful store, I love it! Here's one of the Apple stores in Miami on Lincoln Road:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts