Registered
73,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what happened to the boxing thread?
anyone watch this last night?

·
Premium Member
8,890 Posts
I wanted to, but I had to go to a function on Friday night. They are both tough guys, I wouldn't want to mess with either of them.

The main event that night, which has gotten very little coverage was Andrew Moloney winning the interim WBA super flyweight title. A good achievement. It's a shame the governing bodies have fiddled about so much with titles so it's hard to know who is the real world champion these days.

It was very sad that Dwight Ritchie died whilst sparring with Michael Zerafa.

·
Registered
73,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
8,890 Posts
^^ I hope Hoges wins.

As for Anthony Mundine, it's been a roller coaster ride. He went on too long, and he said some stupid stuff along the way. But he also won titles and did far better than many people expected when he left Rugby League. He can retire now with his head held high.

·
Premium Member
8,890 Posts
Sadly Dennis Hogan lost by a KO in the 7th.

AJ is back holding most of the heavyweight belts. Ruiz talked a good game, but when he turned up to the weigh in heavier than the last fight it was obvious he hadn't trained right. If he couldn't get motivated to defend his titles he may as well retire now. I think either Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder would beat Joshua, 2020 should be interesting.

And Justin Hodges lost in the first round on the Tim Tsyzu undercard. Tsyzu vs the winner of the Zerafa Horn rematch should interesting.

·
Premium Member
8,890 Posts
The Gypsy King wins by TKO. Wilder was finished after than knockdown in the third, he didn't look right after that. He's a tough guy so he kept going but eventually his corner threw in the towel. Tyson Fury doesn't seem to throw knock out bombs, like his namesake Iron Mike, but when you're 6 foot 9 and weigh 124 kg I guess every punch has a lot of power in it.

PS - why do all the threads keep disappearing from the sports forum? I know we don't discus sports a lot on Ozscrapers, but it doesn't help when the few threads we do have go missing.

·
Premium Member
8,890 Posts
Go the Hornet!

But Tim Tsyzu seems like a good guy too, he's probably the future star of Aussie boxing.

I'll be watching at the pub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts