SkyscraperCity Forum banner
301 - 320 of 3583 Posts

·
Crucismogiensis
8,478 Posts

·
Registered
19,860 Posts
Pictures of the recent accident at the Sao Paulo Roadring when a viaduct under construction collapsed on the road below:

A picture of the slabs that collapsed a few days before the acciden

More recent pictures of the Roadring under construction. The South Section shown below will be opened by March 2010 and thus 50% of the Roadring will be completed, and this 50% will be the most important part.

It will link many roads to the Imigrantes Anchieta System which links Sao Paulo City to the port of Santos on the coast, already abundantly shown on this thread. Today trucks coming from the port have to go through the city itself.

Another interesting bridge in Brazil (I do not recall it having been posted on this thread) is the Octavio Frias Cable Stayed Bridge in the south side of São Paulo city:

Under construction (2007):

It was completed in August 2008.

·
Banned
868 Posts
@ChirsZwolle:

The São Paulo Ringroad ("Rodoanel") will vary from 5X2 to 3X2. If you liked the South leg, wait until the North is built (2014). Massive cuts and tunnels through an up to 1.500m mountain ridge. Only reason it has not started yet is NINMBYsm, as always.

·
Crucismogiensis
8,478 Posts
01. Carvalho Pinto Highway x Ayrton Senna Highway (SP-70 Interchange).

02. Carvalho Pinto Highway (SP-70).

03. Carvalho Pinto Highway (SP-70).

04. Carvalho Pinto Highway (SP-70).

05. Carvalho Pinto Highway (SP-70).

·
Crucismogiensis
8,478 Posts
Linha Amarela (Carlos Lacerda Expressway), Rio de Janeiro:

02. Enzo Totis Tunnel (165 meters)

03. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

06. Covanca Tunnel (2,187 meters - brazilian largest urban tunnel).

·
Banned
868 Posts
The first picture of the series above was taken in 1964, not in 1974 (as labeled):)

·
Banned
868 Posts
10 x 2.

AADT = 342.000

·
55,292 Posts
1,9 million? I highly doubt that :D

You need 72 lanes to handle that kind of traffic. I guess it means 1,9 million vehicles overall use the Marginal Tiete, but not at one location (as AADT statistics are usually expressed).

·
Banned
868 Posts
Sorry, I corrected the data.

·
Banned
868 Posts
It's on a financial feasibility study prepared in 2007 when parts of this expressway were blended into a lot including SP-070 and other roads. It was prepared for CCR, who didn't win the contract anyway. As it is confidential, I'm afraid I cannot handle it to you.

I'll look for the original traffic count spreadsheet of Sao Paulo's arterial avenues and expressways, then I'll put the link here.

·
Registered
19,860 Posts
The first picture of the series above was taken in 1964, not in 1974 (as labeled):)
The source website said 1974 (as you can see from the pic's URL) but indeed it seems earlier, so I trusted you and I added a correction to my post. How do you know this?

·
Banned
868 Posts
Beacause I've seen this picture before in a collection of pictures about Sao Paulo on the days of the military revolution of 1964. Morevoer, a massive industrial building completed in 1969 is missing.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Greatest source of road quality variance would be wether they are mantained py public authorities or by private operators charging tolls. Minas Gerais state, for instance, had a terrible public-maintained road network, but not they've catched up.

·
Registered
19,860 Posts
New Manaus bridge over the Negro River near the Amazon river, completion due in late 2010. Part of the BR-370 National Highway (I guess)

Close-up from Google Earth, construction clearly visible:

Renders:

Actual work being done (most pictures as of late 2009)

Great video:

301 - 320 of 3583 Posts