SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Illustrator
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some shots from the center of Lund in Skåne, Sweden
that I took recently. Lund is a midsized (population about 90 000)
city just about 30 km from Malmö.

·
ze kreat ant ze onli
58 Posts
Nightsky: Great pictures man! :) :cheers:

One day very soon I might be able to borrow a camera. I´ll post the pictures here.

·
囧!
10,896 Posts
Lund is a really cool city, and the "university of Malmö" (you could say). Nowadays the two cities are built together and Lund is of course incorporated in the Malmö metro area.

Fun fact:
The highway between Malmö and Lund was the first highway in Sweden.

·
ze kreat ant ze onli
58 Posts
staff said:
Nowadays the two cities are built together and Lund is of course incorporated in the Malmö metro area.
Built together, eh?

Can you now see Hjärup, Åkarp and Arlöv sandwiched there between the cities? The light green-coloured countryside too? Good. Now you know these cities are NOT built together.

·
囧!
10,896 Posts
Have you ever taken the train or driven a car between Malmö and Lund? Then you should know. Arlöv, Åkarp, and Hjärup are of course included.

·
ze kreat ant ze onli
58 Posts
staff said:
Have you ever taken the train or driven a car between Malmö and Lund? Then you should know. Arlöv, Åkarp, and Hjärup are of course included.
Yes, I do have. Many times. And then you know you´re driving through the countryside. Between Åkarp and Malmö, yes, it is built up. But then there is a long "gap" between Åkarp and Lund with Hjärup in the middle. Lund´s southern border is by Höje å, south of it isn´t built-up but fields and open landscapes. The same thing with Hjärup, it is surrounded by fields and the motorway to the south of the village. Due to things like preserving-the-open-landscape-acts, enviormental protests and most of all municipality borders (you cross Malmö, Burlöv, Staffanstorp and Lund municipalities on the "long" trip betwen Malmö and Lund) will probably make the idea of building the cities together just an idea.

But all right, here is another map that shows Malmö and Lund have not been built together. Please have a look closely, and behold the orange area between Lund and Hjärup and Hjärup and Åkarp:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Magnus Brage said:
Staden Lund har 55.000 inv. inget annat, möjligt att 90.000 bor i Lunds kommun, men det är en annan femma.
Lund "tätort" has 20051231 75 302 inhabitants and the municipally (kommun) has 20060331 102 452 inhabitants.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts