Residencial houses

Lago Sul

City Park

JK bridge

Residential buildings

Hospital Sarah Kubistchek

Sector of Altarquias

Hotels

Universidade de Brasília (a extensão do ICC é de 1 km, as faculdades são dividas em predios menores ao longo do Campus)

Lake paranoa

Hotels

·
Banned
534 Posts
^^it´s a very dry region, that lake that apears in the pictura was human made, he is the one that maded a construction of the city in this set possible.

@joaopfs: The best pics of Brasilia ever :eek:kay:

·
Joao Pedro
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
voxp said:
^^it´s a very dry region, that lake that apears in the pictura was human made, he is the one that maded a construction of the city in this set possible.

@joaopfs: The best pics of Brasilia ever :eek:kay:
I agree with u voxp, but depends on the season... there is no rain only on four months in the year and according to INMET, if u consider the whole precipitation of the year, Brasilia' s rain measure is arround 32% higher than Rio's for example...

·
Taking On The World
26,452 Posts
Brasilia is one of the dryest cities in Brasil. That is widely known. I would like to see for myself the data about raining more in Brasilia than in Rio. Heard lots of people saying that you need to have a cup of water in rooms in Brasilia so the water will evaporate and moisture the dry air.

Anyway, EVEN if in Rio de Janeiro city it doesnt rain much, around it it probably rains a lot!! There is so much Atlantic Forest around Rio... on the other hand Brasilia is located on the middle of the brazilian savanah! And everybody knows it doesnt rain much in the Savanah!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I first known Brasilia in my geographic book,only several pics.

this thread very cool,I love it~

ps :add some hot girls' pic maybe more cool ^_^!

·
Registered
374 Posts
sages said:
I first known Brasilia in my geographic book,only several pics.
me too, I clearly remember that it was introduced in my second year geographic textbook, there was a cool modern style twin tower for parliament.

·
Registered
736 Posts
woow, what a great collection of pictures from Brasilia. For a capital city in latin America, this one is rather small. It's just like in the USA or Canada, where the capital city is not the largest city, but a secondary one.

Brasilia is also one of the newest cities in the region (50 years old or so, I heard).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts