SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Regular Fool
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new highway D4 is planned around Bratislava with a bridge crossing Danube near Devínska Nová Ves. I made a vision of how the bridge may look. It is a single-arch bridge with hanging middle and supported sides. The main part has got 4 columns, two of them in water with 150m distance between them. The arch is 266m long and 56m tall. With the height above water the complete height is 74 meters. The length of the main part is 340m. The bridge is road-only with two pedestrian passages on the each side.

Since the bridge is in a not-populated location I wanted it to look spectacular mainly when crossing it. That's why I took my inspiration in human or animal body and designed supporting parts to look like ribbons supporting backbone. I also wanted it to have some relation to other bridges in Bratislava and since I chose an arch design I adjusted some parts of the design and the color to remind of Apollo bridge constructed in 2004. These ,,twins" resemble each other but have they very own place on the map and also in the transportation system of Bratislava.

Pictures:

·
545 Posts
amazing design and attention to detail... i love the concept ... shame though its only four lanes in total.. im assuming the existing street is that wide... good job man :D

·
16,696 Posts
Wow, Nice designed bridge, Very original design ;)

·
Regular Fool
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^No, this is the first design, there is still a lot of structural/engineering need to be done before I will hand the final proposal to our National Highway Company.

Construction may start maybe in 2012...

·
dialnice.info ::..
13,735 Posts
as for me, I prefer the very first design of the new D4 bridge ...

http://www.dialnice.info/album_page.php?pic_id=726

btw. are you sure, you are really about to design a new bridge over the danube close to devinska nova ves ?!? because the picture clearly shows the river danube near of jarovce and not DNV ...

not to mention, the new D4 bridge near DNV would be over the river morava ;)

·
Regular Fool
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^The first design looks too generic to me, that's why I made my own vision. I don't know where is the picture taken but it is just for illustration, doesn't need to be the exact location.

And yes, if it was near DNV, it will be over the river Morava, but the final solution wasn't decided yet...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Where exactly it should be on the map? please show us, thanks
Your bridge is beautiful, hope I´ll see it built one time

1 - 20 of 25 Posts