SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 480 Posts

·
Prešpurák
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pictures of incomplete "new" hospital in Razsochy, Lamac, Bratislava.

Construction started about 20 years ago, it seems that is wont be finished. The medical school should also be included together with students city.

·
Prešpurák
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it anyway, even because it is so large, just wish it would be completed. Also the new national theatre was started by communists and now is finished and it is a world class theatre.

·
13,376 Posts
I like it too. Our government is still talking about economy based on science and inovations. I think this is a very good place for some science istitution. Why they don't reconstruct it for e.g. Slovak academy of scienses? I know there will be Technologic park in Vajnory or at least they are still talking it will be there but one park is not enough.

BTW the construction of the building of Slovak parliament also began before year 1989 and to me it's very nice building.

·
laissez-faire
495 Posts
Qwert, that would be waaaay to huge for SAV. It definitely shouldn't be left in the state's hands. I remember there were some plans to sell the whole complex. Unfortunately I can't see this happening now with this communist government in place.
The parliament is a horrible building, especially the interiors appear incredibly dated and worn out to me..

·
coffee fascist
1,030 Posts
I fully agree with Infinite, Razsochy is just way too big. But I heard plans of minister Valentovic to sell the whole building and build a new hospital in Petrzalka.
To the parliament... I also think the building in itself is very nice, however imho it steals the scene for the natural dominant of the city, which is the castle. I think the panorama of the city would be much nicer if there were smaller houses in the same height as the castle.

·
13,376 Posts
I like our parliament building. I really don't know how it steals the scene for Bratislava castle. If you look on the castle from any angle the barriers are St. Martins dome or New bridge, not parliament building. It's a low building and if you look at Castle hill you can see it's relatively far away from it and I think it fits to its location. The only bad thing on it it's not big enough - it was built for the only one party.

About Rázsochy, yes, it's a bit big for SAV but there could be not only it. Original purpose was to build hospital and student city - as mentioned in the first post. So there could be the student city and research centers. I think the best way how to do science now is cooperation of public and private sectors. Some researches aren't reliable for private investors and some aren't for public. However, we must do researches in both areas.
I don't mind if they sell it to some private investor, although I don't know what will the investor do with this building. It's just too big for everything. As I've said for this building is the best thing cooperation of public and private money.

·
laissez-faire
495 Posts
If sold, I can imagine it completely re-constructed into a huge hotel and convention centre...costing several billions SK...with a highrise...or two..ok I'm really dreaming now :)

·
13,376 Posts
Remember Bratislava is not Beijing. It doesn't need hotel for 10 000 people... And with two highrises for 20 000;)

·
laissez-faire
495 Posts
But there is a shortage of hotel rooms. That's why the current 4 star hotels are so expensive even by world standards. And, we could use a more modern convention cetre than Incheba...and I hate that Rozin guy anyway :D

·
13,376 Posts
Yes, Bratislavas hotel capacity is not enough but Rázsochy are too big for hotel. It's also quite far from the center. This complex is not good for hotel.

·
Prešpurák
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
127 Posts
No dufam ze to vyjde v tom vacsom variante mozno by sme sa zbavili dvoch much jednou ranou Razsochyho a "Kukuričáku" ktorý možno zvalia a postavia tam nieco nové alebo ho niekto kupi a pekne zrekonstruje (čo by bola lepšia varianta).

·
Prešpurák
6,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Žiadne búranie Kukurice, jedine zrekonštruovať, veď to nie je škaredá budova.

·
The downtown droid
3,165 Posts
Razsochy will be maybe used as a government city.
What do you mean by saying "maybe"? The government has no firm plans or purposes about the future center, or what? :) Is the government going to hire offices from the investors? That would be pretty expensive afterwards!

And which government departments are going to move in the new center?

·
13,376 Posts
No dufam ze to vyjde v tom vacsom variante mozno by sme sa zbavili dvoch much jednou ranou Razsochyho a "Kukuričáku" ktorý možno zvalia a postavia tam nieco nové alebo ho niekto kupi a pekne zrekonstruje (čo by bola lepšia varianta).
Kukurica je po rozhlase najkrajšou výškovou budovou, čo nám tu komunisti zanechali. A ty by si ju búral?!!!:eek:hno: :bash:

·
13,376 Posts
1 - 20 of 480 Posts