SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
According to the "European Diaspora" site https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_diaspora Brazil has the second largest population of descendants of European immigrants in the world.
It's behind only of United States and the number of descendants of Europeans in Brazil is calculated to be around 91 million.

With a territory that is bigger than the United States mainland, Brazil had and still has large tracts of unexplored land. This of course became a magnet for farmers from all over the world, it was attractive to go to Brasil and get your own piece of the action, become your own landlord. Although many immigrants decided to go to the cities, a far greater number decided to go inland instead and found their own cities, and some became a little piece of Europe in the tropics.

This immigration process created something completely unique, in which each area was developed by a group of people coming from a different country. On this way, you can go to a "Dutch city" and then to an Italian City and in the way stop by a Polish city...

Many villages retained their ways, culture, language and identity yet , in essence, they are all Brazilian...specially when it comes to the love of soccer, carnival and beach vacations.

There's literally hundreds of the cities, here I will post a sample of some of them.
Each city here is catalogued by their main immigrant population.

So enjoy some of these unique cities, a trully European collage in Brazilian lands.

·
Registered
14 Posts
These photos of the Caribbean make me want to live there so much. I checked here, obtaining citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda or Dominica is cheaper than Brazilian and it DOES look
like heaven on Earth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I came across some recent data stating that more than 85,000 Brazilians live in Portugal. It makes them the largest foreign community in the Portugal. No wonder why, as they share a common language... Perhaps the tables have turned and now Brazilians are fleeing to Portugal as opposed to the opposite.

I checked out here and it appears that this is mostly due to a residence by investment program that enables the foreigners to move and live in Portugal.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts