Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Architect cabinet PTW Architects (Australia)
Capacity: 60000 seats
Cost: $500 million (USD) (for a 60k stadium+10k seat indoor arena+2k aquatic center+residences olympic village)
Completion 2014-2015
Event target: 2015 All-Africa Games

http://*************************/africa/african-games-stadium-congo

facebook pics:

https://fr-fr.facebook.com/photo.ph...017.1073741832.470038433014359&type=1&theater

KINTELE STADIUM (65 000) (BRAZZAVILLE)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nice Stadium. Whens it Complete?

·
Registered
521 Posts
because all is builded by Chineese...but in this case its ok, because stadium hosts african games...but i dont understand why they built stadium so far from city...they can demolished old stadium in centre and buit stadium and other facilities there... there is lot of space...

·
Registered
1 Posts
neat, its embarassing my influential Kenya doesn't even possess a 15000 all-seater stadium

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
^^
For me this is an AMAZING sports complex! Any american state or western european country would be proud to have such facilities.

On the other hand we could put it to the long list of white elephants, found troughout the world.
What makes me curious is how can a country like ROC, and a city like Brazzaville invest such a huge amount of money on such buildings? I mean we are talking about a city which doesn't even have a public transportation system (!!!), still many streets with unpaved roads, etc.. :dunno: Such investments always have a suspicious smell. It's like the big stadium construction boom in Irak (while the country was still struggling with civil war, and without having even decent healthcare units), and many others...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
it's because the Chinese built it. consider it a form of foreign investment.

Brazzaville Stadium Center constructed by China State Construction Congo (Brazzaville) Co. Ltd (CSCEC Congo).

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
it's because the Chinese built it. consider it a form of foreign investment.

Brazzaville Stadium Center constructed by China State Construction Congo (Brazzaville) Co. Ltd (CSCEC Congo).
Investment? In what? And they will recover the half billion in 200 years? These chinese are so generous...:) Why don't they build such a complex in countries which have a tradition in sports, and can use such high-class facilities? With all the respect, but I don't remember any performance athletes from Congo. (athletics, swimming, basketball, handball, tennis, gimnastics, wrestling, ping pong, anything.....) And that huge 60k stadium will sell out what.....maybe once in 50 years?
Investment in road or transportation infrastructrure, hospitals, energy, etc....Yes, all these would make sense, but olympic center with oversized stadium?

That's why I said...it doesn't smell right.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts