Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Urban Hermit
5,563 Posts
It's nice but again rather short. Überstadt would be an ideal opportunity for a few highrises, but they're wasting it. I'm not calling for a Frankfurt style skyline, but come on, the city has over half a million people, the metro over a million, there's nothing wrong with it actually looking like a big city a bit more.

·
Urban Hermit
5,563 Posts
"Sozialwohnungen" is a concept that needs to be abolished - something that should have been done decades ago. By "mixed income" I was talking about apartments affordable to the middle class rather than upper class exclusively.

·
Urban Hermit
5,563 Posts
They show so many public spaces full of people, but aside from having a job in one of the buildings, I see no reason to be there at all, neither as a resident nor as a visitor. It's far away from all places of interest in Bremen, in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to offer that's worth going there.

·
Urban Hermit
5,563 Posts
Well the only time in the two years I lived in Bremen that I went West of the Hbf on the line 2 or 3 was to the Kreiswehrersatzamt to have my balls fondled by someone who looked like Joseph Mengele, so I know very little about the area in general. The only places I would go to were either in the Center, Neustadt, Viertel or Aladin/Tivoli. I've been in that oversized mall in the far East (at the end of the 1) but never the one in Walle.

I'm just going by the renders, it just looks like waterfront upper class living, same type that's been plastered all over the Oldenburg harbour area the last decade right next to the Jobcenter and the red light district. Very sterile place that people would only spend time because they live in one of the apartments, and don't hang around much because there isn't much to do except living there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts