SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Starting work on our new 20,100 capacity stadium next year if everything goes according to plan. With thanks to reading general.

What do you think?

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Looks as though it's still in pretty much the same place - next to the A4 - but a bit closer to Chiswick. Has planning permission already been granted for this? If not, I can see Chiswick residents putting up a bit of a fight.

Looks pretty good, I have to say. Congrats to Brentford.

Interesting that they're talking about hosting rugby there too. Possibly trying to lure "London" Wasps back to London from Wycombe?

·
Play up Sky Blues
822 Posts
Looks as though it's still in pretty much the same place - next to the A4 - but a bit closer to Chiswick. Has planning permission already been granted for this? If not, I can see Chiswick residents putting up a bit of a fight.

Looks pretty good, I have to say. Congrats to Brentford.

Interesting that they're talking about hosting rugby there too. Possibly trying to lure "London" Wasps back to London from Wycombe?
Would be great to see the wasps playing here, or even sarries?

Cracking stadium, nice size for brentford and not a flatpack:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Apparently London Welsh want to ground share. Hope not as it'll make the pitch unbearable. I think it's safe to say we'll have the most attractive stadium in west London (including Chelsea - oh yes :)) Some people say 20,000 capacity is a bit foolish for us as they dont think we'll even get 7,000 on a regular basis. :(

·
Registered
805 Posts
Griffin Park is one of my favourite football grounds, gutted to see the Bees move, but of course times change.

Every time I've been there - about 5 times - there has been a great atmosphere, fans very rowdy, a great bounce when the Bees score and a fair bit of banter. Lovely open terrace at the away end which is a real treat for misty eyed football romantics like myself. And despite the regretable knuckle dragging activities of some of my fellow fans we've always received a decent welcome in the pubs. Which being on each corner are very handy.

Puts a lot of other grounds to shame.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
I like it, hope they make the championship in a few years, I don't suppose it will have terracing though...?

I though they swapped the away and home end around, the away end is now the tiddily royal oak, or maybe i'm wrong?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah we swapped ends when we got a new roof on the Ealing Road terrace. Away fans are now in the two-tiered 'house'.

·
18,138 Posts

The attendees at the latest Lionel Road Liaison Group meeting were shown an architects model of the new stadium, the possible enabling developments and the wider surrounding area.

A presentation was given to the attendees, representatives of the local resident Associations, groups, BIAS and Bees United to outline the latest thinking on proposals for the new stadium, Lionel Road masterplan, and Griffin Park and more importantly to gather feed back and to listen to local concerns so that these can be considered and if possible, addressed.

The Community aspect of the Football Club was emphasised, and there is a strong desire for the Community Sports Trust to have space allocated within the stadium.

The current stadium plan for Lionel Road allows for a capacity of just over 20,000 and the design process does incorporate the possibility for safe standing areas (something which BIAS has campaigned for after running a supporter’s poll)

The attendees were shown the impact of the development on the skyline through a number of photo’s that were taken from local vantage points such as Kew Gardens, across Kew Bridge, South of the River and Gunnersbury Park.

There is now a 6-month process to develop these plans.

Brentford Football Club has renewed outline planning permission for Griffin Park, and needs to assess a value for Griffin Park based upon what plans may be deemed to be ‘reasonable’ from a planning permission point of view.

The actual detailed planning application for Griffin Park will be submitted by the subsequent buyers of our ground and not by Brentford Football Club.

The Football Club are looking to exhibit plans on 16, 17 & 19 January.

Shortly before this date, the project team hope to recommend one particular scheme (there are many variables at present) to the Brentford FC Board.

These are informal notes – a more comprehensive record will be published soon by the project’s communications company.

These are our informal notes. For information on the scheme please visit the a Brentford Community Stadium where a more comprehensive record will be published soon by the project’s communications company.
http://www.bias.org.uk/news_story.php?id=897_

1 - 20 of 173 Posts