SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.slate.com/id/2139722/slideshow/2139721/fs/0//entry/2139709/

A slideshow by Slate on "The Worlds Most Astonishing New Skyscrapers". Check out what is #5:

Where the Torre Agbar is hot, the 70-story Brickell Flatiron in Miami is cool. Its name recalls Daniel Burnham's famous Flatiron Building in New York, which occupies a similar triangle-shaped site. But Enrique Norten's design owes nothing to the past. The rounded form reduces wind loads—Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma blew out hundreds of windows in Miami high-rises—and the streamlined result is sleekly sculptural, especially in the top portion of the building, which contains apartments. The bulkier lower floors house offices, parking, and shops.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Great find dave. I went to the TEN Arquitectos website and found a few renderings of the flatiron that I had never seen before. It is way different than I thought. I thought it would just be a big triangle, but, if you look at the renderings there is way more to it than that.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i MUST SAY WHOA, its wierd but in a good way...finally some unmiami stuff, see this is what we get we hire famous architects.

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
Savior of Gondor
1,538 Posts
dave8721 said:
I had never noticed that hollowed out portion on the back side before. It almost looks like a wind-surfing sail.

That is exactly what I thought when I saw it Dave. Very unusual looking building. The sail fits into Miamis ocean life style and may work out in a hurricane.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
OK i been looking at the renderings over and over trying to figure out what are the other buildings included in the rendering, but theres one that has me confused, does anyone know what the building in DGM'S rendering(1pciture to the right) the tall one to the west of four seasons is, i can only think of it being Capital at the old height of 800ft and even then they're should of been two.so does anyone know what building that is?

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
DAVE :cheers2: , great my friend, and YES :bowtie: :cheers1: , you've done alot for us here , lately, Thanks, alot, :cool:
and loved the first picture with the future " Avenue Towers " on the right of that picture, and :cheers:
:rock: to the left of that first picture is the Future " Pointe at Brickell " tower and you can see the round " Premier Tower " in the background,
Kool !!! :bowtie:

·
Registered
349 Posts
The Mad Hatter!! said:
OK i been looking at the renderings over and over trying to figure out what are the other buildings included in the rendering, but theres one that has me confused, does anyone know what the building in DGM'S rendering(1pciture to the right) the tall one to the west of four seasons is, i can only think of it being Capital at the old height of 800ft and even then they're should of been two.so does anyone know what building that is?
its not 1 of the infinitys? i mean i guess that just cuz of the location and the fact that the slender facade is facing coral way.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If I had to guess I would say Infinity II. If I remember correctly isn't Infinity II about the same height as Four Seasons? Looks to be about that height and about that area. Looks like the two Capital buildings are to the left of Infinity II and are around the 600' mark.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Displaced Miami Man said:
If I had to guess I would say Infinity II. If I remember correctly isn't Infinity II about the same height as Four Seasons? Looks to be about that height and about that area. Looks like the two Capital buildings are to the left of Infinity II and are around the 600' mark.
Your Guess, Displaced in Miami Man :hi: , was close,
" Infinity II " :soon: to be Started this late fall, after Hurricane Season :bash: was approved by the city of Miami :cool: on April 28, 2005, at 65 floors, at 736 feet, it will tower 2nd to the " Four Seasons Hotel and Condo :cool: " Tower at 789 feet, UNLESS the over 800 foot - plus " 1101 Brickell :dunno: " Tower gets started in about two years to top them Both. We'll soon find out. :eek:kay:
Now :moods:
for the :wave: ,
The Capital at Brickell Tower I :cool: , was approved at 52 floors at 607 feet
The Capital at Brickell Tower II :cool: , was approved at 56 floors at 649 feet,
Both of these towers will go up at the same time, and Will be completed by 2010. :applause:
Again :bowtie: , Very Tall and
Go Cranes !!! :banana: :cheer: :pepper:

·
I know right . . . !
250 Posts
ChuckScraperMiami#1 said:
Your Guess, Displaced in Miami Man :hi: , was close,
" Infinity II " :soon: to be Started this late fall, after Hurricane Season :bash: was approved by the city of Miami :cool: on April 28, 2005, at 65 floors, at 736 feet, it will tower 2nd to the " Four Seasons Hotel and Condo :cool: " Tower at 789 feet, UNLESS the over 800 foot - plus " 1101 Brickell :dunno: " Tower gets started in about two years to top them Both. We'll soon find out. :eek:kay:
Now :moods:
for the :wave: ,
The Capital at Brickell Tower I :cool: , was approved at 52 floors at 607 feet
The Capital at Brickell Tower II :cool: , was approved at 56 floors at 649 feet,
Both of these towers will go up at the same time, and Will be completed by 2010. :applause:
Again :bowtie: , Very Tall and
Go Cranes !!! :banana: :cheer: :pepper:
That's all well and good, with the 1101 (personal top 5) topping them out and what not. But aren't we forgetting something else that will dwarf the other Brickell towers? In fact, aren't we forgeting a number of projects that will top Four Seasons? Like The Brickell CityCentre, and the FLATIRON!?!?! lol. so dramatic.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Miami as in Perfect said:
That's all well and good, with the 1101 (personal top 5) topping them out and what not. But aren't we forgetting something else that will dwarf the other Brickell towers? In fact, aren't we forgeting a number of projects that will top Four Seasons? Like The Brickell CityCentre, and the FLATIRON!?!?! lol. so dramatic.
Yes, MIAMI as in Perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect :) , so dramatic indeed,
Both FLATIRON Tower and the 1101 Brickell Towers were approved by the City of Miami at 849 feet :runaway:
BUT :cheers: ,
Was they both approved by the F.F.A. ??? :bash:

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
Dale said:
If Met 3 got cut to 828', where it is, then I have zero confidence that 1101 Brickell will survive the cut. Maybe CityCentre at 808'.
DALE :) , my friend, My special Sales lady says there's no change in the building height as projected to start soon at 76 floors at 866 feet,

who's changing the height here to 828 feet,

74 , 75 , 76 ??? floors :runaway:
It still stays at 866 feet, its plans are ready to start construction in MAY, 2006, you can't go back and change those plans again, it would be another 6 - 8 month delay, This Tower is going to 866 feet, That's IT !!! :cheers:

I don't think so, :eek2:

Go Cranes !!! :cheers:

·
Registered
28,992 Posts
ChuckScraperMiami#1 said:
DALE, my friend, My special Sales lady says there's no change in the building height as projected to start soon at 76 floors at 866 feet,

who's changing the height here to 828 feet,
Chuck, I want to believe the saleslady, but there's a forumer on SSP by the name of WHH47, who says he works with Bovis Lend Lease. Anyway, he says the FAA chopped Met 3 to 828', and also that MDM is in negotiations with Bovis, and that the negotiation process will take two months of hard work, after which they will begin driving piles immediately.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.