SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Couldn't find any thread about the new bridges, so I decided to create this one.

I like the idea of Copenhagen harbour as a place full of life and I think the area holds a great potential. To make it more accessible though, new bridges are needed.

There are a handfull of projects at the moment, and the far most exciting of course is the bridge across the harbour from Nyhavn to Christianshavn. This bridge will be the only third bridge across the water in the centre, after Langebro and Knibbelsbro and will extend pedestrian area from Nyhavn over the water and connect the centre to Christianshavn.

In my oppinion this bridge will be an amazing thing for the harbour although Københavns Kommune didn't decide to builld a new landmark as fx the millenium bridge in London

·
Registered
251 Posts
In my oppinion this bridge will be an amazing thing for the harbour although Københavns Kommune didn't decide to builld a new landmark as fx the millenium bridge in London
Til gengæld skal broen sandsynligvis ikke lukkes på åbningsdagen og ombygges pga dårligt design, som i London :lol::lol::lol:

Men ja, det ville ha' været super at ha' fået f.eks Santiago Calatrava til at designe broerne: Men så meget vision kan ikke samles i DK !

·
Registered
566 Posts
The inner harbour bridge (a part of it :))

I wish I was able to see those pictures, Hafnia. I'm using firefox (in IE, i'm able to locate the source "Picasa") Are you sure they aren't set as private instead af shared?

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
^^ With computers, I'm not sure about anything. I'm a noob my teen told me :)
Did it help now ?
Often your photos do not appear except with a little red cross but then pop up the next day.
Lets wait until tomorrow before you get worried, or have to pay your teen to fix the problem. :lol:

·
2,819 Posts
Often your photos do not appear except with a little red cross but then pop up the next day.
Lets wait until tomorrow before you get worried, or have to pay your teen to fix the problem. :lol:
Haha usually I've the exact same problem whenever Hafnia posts some photos. Tonight was my lucky night, it just worked :lol:

·
Grave Architecture
519 Posts
Well, the problem is at Google. I use the same photo sharing website for my photos as Hafnia, the old Picasa brand, which is now integrated in Google+. My photos here at SSC behaves in the same annoying way, sometimes showing sometimes not and especially when you have just posted they seldom show.

For example I have zero problems with Photobucket. I do not post photos that often any longer, so I do not have to worry about it though.

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
While there is lots of great bridge building going in the inner harbour area, maybe we should be thinking of the next lot. (hope A.P.Møllers fund reads this)

Think if the bridges were restored at these 2 points (marked O), what a fantastic sailing route around Christianshavn and Holmen would be possible.

·
Registered
5,960 Posts
What would you say to a slight change in the titel of this thread to, for example, Københavns Havnebroer, then we could include the Circle bridge, the Teglholm-Enghave Brygge bridge, the Islands Brygge Syd-Enghave Brygge bridge, the Laboratoriegraven bridge and other proposed bridges all on the same site?

·
Mod nye projekter
9,580 Posts
What would you say to a slight change in the titel of this thread to, for example, Københavns Havnebroer, then we could include the Circle bridge, the Teglholm-Enghave Brygge bridge, the Islands Brygge Syd-Enghave Brygge bridge, the Laboratoriegraven bridge and other proposed bridges all on the same site?
Good idea Ngu,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good idea. I've changed the title to "Bridges in Copenhagen", but I don't think i can change the real title on the thread.

1 - 20 of 632 Posts