SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
YOU GUYS HAD 2 CHANCES w/the rams and raiders and let them go why should you get another.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Mad Hatter!! said:
YOU GUYS HAD 2 CHANCES w/the rams and raiders and let them go why should you get another.
This is for the people of Los Angeles. And you obviously aren't in LA, or anywhere even remotely close. You are all the way on the other side of the country. So your opinion DOES NOT matter at all.

The simple fact of the matter is that Los Angeles is the 2nd most populous city in the entire United States. And LA County has well over 10 million people now. So yes, we deserve a team.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i see why most ppl don't like la forumers,my point was that theres places that have never had one team and yet la has had 2,i think other cities should get a shot.

why is it that you guys do these threads that are only for la citizens?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Mad Hatter!! said:
why is it that you guys do these threads that are only for la citizens?
BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A FOOTBALL TEAM IN LA!!! Los Angeles citizens want a football team in LA (LA being OUR city, not YOURS) so WHY WOULDN'T WE make a thread that was only for LA citizens?

I realize other cities want teams also. One of the cities that the NFL was thinking of putting a team in was Las Vegas. I personally think it would be really cool to see a team in Las Vegas. But be reasonable here. I live in LA, not Las Vegas...so of course I am going to think that we deserve a team more than them. That is just common sense, not some form of ignorance like you are making it seem to be.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The Mad Hatter!! said:
i see why most ppl don't like la forumers,my point was that theres places that have never had one team and yet la has had 2,i think other cities should get a shot.
LA is a top market, and its clearly the most obvious choice for a football team. The other teams left, we didnt kick them out or not support them (well, we did kinda, after they said they were leaving)

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
BigDan35 said:
BECAUSE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A FOOTBALL TEAM IN LA!!! Los Angeles citizens want a football team in LA (LA being OUR city, not YOURS) so WHY WOULDN'T WE make a thread that was only for LA citizens?

I realize other cities want teams also. One of the cities that the NFL was thinking of putting a team in was Las Vegas. I personally think it would be really cool to see a team in Las Vegas. But be reasonable here. I live in LA, not Las Vegas...so of course I am going to think that we deserve a team more than them. That is just common sense, not some form of ignorance like you are making it seem to be.
i get what you mean dan,and i didn't want to insult you guys but i was just stating the fact the l.a had 2 and others never had one.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Mad Hatter!! said:
i get what you mean dan,and i didn't want to insult you guys but i was just stating the fact the l.a had 2 and others never had one.
Alright man, it's cool. I was just stating some facts too. And Djm19 stated a simple fact as well...LA is a top market. We would bring a lot to the NFL with a team here again.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The Mad Hatter!! said:
It has nothing to do with Los Angeles wanting an NFL team. Most people counldnt care less. The NFL isnt the prize, its the 17 million people who are the prize, and the NFL wants them badly.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
savvysearch said:
It has nothing to do with Los Angeles wanting an NFL team. Most people counldnt care less. The NFL isnt the prize, its the 17 million people who are the prize, and the NFL wants them badly.
What exactly are you referring to when saying 17 million people? The city of Los Angeles has just under 4 million and Los Angeles County has just over 10 million.

·
Registered
755 Posts
savvysearch said:

Exactly, most people I know in LA could care less if we get an NFL team. Not that we would accept one, just not if we have to foot the bill for a stadium that clearly the owners can pay for themselves. That was the reason Houston was picked over LA with the expansion team. LA realize the NFL is trying to force us into begging them to come here with by footing the bill. I guess they figure if they hold out, perhaps we'll get desperate and come up with the cash. Why should be pay for a stadium, when these rich bastards certainly can afford it. It's already known they will hit the jackpot in this market, it the 2nd largest in the country. Angelenos won't cave in, they didn't with the Staples Center, and they certainly won't with a sportsteam thats not already here. As stated before, the NFL needs and wants Los Angeles, we're fine without the helfty bill. Believe me there is no shame among Angelenos, as some people on this forums tried to make it out to be. Not many people care, there is always the plenty of college games locally if we get desperate to see live football.

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Glazer's L.A. plan could include new NFL stadium
http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1535038.html

Los Angeles, Say No to the NFL Team Owners' Greed
http://www.hjta.org/content/A000021_02994501.htm

L.A.'s the Bait; NFL Still Hasn't Switched
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl30jan30,0,4254986.story?coll=la-home-headlines

NFL owners discuss sites for L.A. franchise
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7837631

L.A. team would make NFL whole again
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/5341668

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Many football teams are greedy as hell, and the people of LA havnt all died off yet because they dont have a NFL franchise, most people could care less or they dont even know LA doesnt have a team.

If the officials or citezens of LA really wanted a team I would guess they would have to fund most of a stadium just like every other city these days. I know there is a big thing in Indianapolis right now with their coach demanding some new stadium funding and Cincinnati had a run in etc....I doubt there would be an expansion team but if one moved I am sure they would want a new or at least updated stadium built....

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SChristopher said:
most people could care less or they dont even know LA doesnt have a team.
Uh...yea. That's going a little far. Everyone here knows we don't have a team.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Many analysts say the strategy of using Los Angeles for leverage is about to run its course — just as communities and government officials are getting wise.

It is virtually certain that no public money, at least in the form of general funds, will go toward building a stadium or renovating an existing one in Los Angeles.

The rest of the nation will then realize that stadium projects can be completed with private money alone, said David Carter, an L.A. sports consultant who has been keenly involved in the effort to get an NFL team back in Southern California.

If that had been clear 10 years ago, team owners would have had no leverage because taxpayers would have called their bluff, Carter said. Instead, he said, "If Southern California goes last, the NFL gets the best of both worlds."

Thank god LA hasn't given in to their threats, I find this interesting. As I said before we don't need the NFL, and so far we haven't been suckered into paying for something the rich owners can afford themselves.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.