SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
16,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA

This tower is proposed for the Central Carpark site at the corner of Charlotte and Albert diagonally opposite Festival Towers and next to Charlotte Towers.

The RL for the top is 132.70m and the site is 5.5m above sea level. There are 23 storeys of Office, 5 above ground and 5 below ground levels of carpark, a retail/resteraunt level at the base, a mid level foyer and from what it looks like on the application 5 levels for plant facilities.

I was hoping this site would bring forth and provide a Australian Tallest, but alas this was not to be!

Render thanks to Locke for his effort in taking it off the Press Release. Taken from here:

·
16,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Banned
10,367 Posts
By nathandavid88

Here are some photo updates on this one. Down to the final fit and finish type jobs I guess. Wish it would hurry up and open already so I can check out the building's cross block links.

First, my favourite part.

The Albert St connection to the cross block link.

Acres of footpath space.

A good spot for a daily coffee shop to set up during the week? Or maybe some public seating similar to Market St?

The building's foyer.

The cross block link viewed from Charlotte St, with several of the retail tenancies.

Now, while not completely related, I did notice that there is a little alleyway between 123 Albert and the Oaks building next door, and with all the talk about laneways and possible activation lately, I thought I'd explore.

This first shot is access to 123's loading dock. It's such a large, open area that it could be cool if it was able to be activated outside of loading times as a restaurant area. As far as I can tell, this is solely a loading zone, carpark access is via a separate driveway.

Here is the laneway itself with the blank wall of the Oaks building next door. Perfect canvas for some public artwork?

The laneway provides loading and parking access to Heckelmann's Building (the twin warehouses) and it's neighbours including Tara House (Irish Club).

Complete with it's own stone feature wall!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts