Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

The QLD Government is hosting a petition to see how many people object to the 3AM lockout that is currently in place.. for those of you not in the know, the State Government has amended liquor licensing legislation so that you can't enter a licensed club/pub/restaurant/venue within the Brisbane City Council Boundries after 3AM on any night of the week.. and if you leave a venue you can't get back in either!!

It's a stupid kneejerk reaction to an isolated problem. And in typical government fashion, they havn't publicised the availability of the petition and it closes in just under a week!

If you disagree with the curfew and you're enrolled to vote in Queensland you can find the petition at the link below... and if you could forward this on to as many people as you can think of that'd be great too!!

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/EPetitions_QLD/cgi-bin/Petitions.cgi?PetNum=457

Regards,

- dan

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Can't Sign it, not up to me, doesn't really bother me anyway, doesn't even aplly to me, I could keep going on the Doesn't bother/Worry/Apply/Communism is my thing me But I'll just stick to Organised Youth Beach Parties or School Discos etc as I'm not over 18 yet.

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Gertzy said:
Can't Sign it, not up to me, doesn't really bother me anyway, doesn't even aplly to me, I could keep going on the Doesn't bother/Worry/Apply/Communism is my thing me But I'll just stick to Organised Youth Beach Parties or School Discos etc as I'm not over 18 yet.
lol @ Gertzy. Communism!?! Such a regional QLDer's political stance.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Curfew does't bother me neither. Or, rather it doesn't affect me. Its not that I don't go out and drink, but by 3am im not really going to leave a place to go to another one anyway. Perhaps uni students on pub crawls will be the most dissapointed. But then, most pub crawlers dont make it to that hour anyway.

*Communism refers to an economic system not to law making per se or restricting civil liberties. Perhaps you ahve the term mixed up with fascism.

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
Yes, LOL at Me, I do know The meaning of Communism and I'm not mixing it with Fascism, Fascism Sucks, infact Fascism is so crap that'll it'll do anything to take back Germany, like i.e eat your crap for free :D, but I hate Fascism and I'm sure everybody else pretty much does.

p.s I like your Aussie definition of Communism Marty, Its really Funny and I mean It.

·
Live and Let Build
810 Posts
I agree with marty_k - I'm out a fair bit and it really isn't widespread, I rarely see violence - and if I do, it's usually from a small minority that have now ruined it for the rest of us. I think the 3am lockout is a stupid idea and is only a band-aid fix - and not a very good one at that...

·
Its a sleepy little town
3,883 Posts
3580 signatures.

3am lockout seems useless to me. As an onlooker.

It would just serve to have MORE angry pissed people on the streets after 3. Pissed off because they cant get in a club.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.