SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 508 Posts

·
Yeah but No!!
1,503 Posts
Its darker glass than I expected. And funny that it goes around the corner, I thought the sides were different, or am I looking at it wrong!!!

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
GMAC said:
Its darker glass than I expected. And funny that it goes around the corner, I thought the sides were different, or am I looking at it wrong!!!
Yeah I agree that it darker than I expected. I probably would have prefered it being lighter as the supporting structures underneath would be more noticeable (and that is one of the things I liked about the renders)

The entire building is covered with glass, but the sides have extra stuff on top of that.

·
D grade celebrity
1,195 Posts
Jimmy_the_man said:
Glass is coming along nicely.
Isn't the building supposed to be going on stilts for a public area?
Correct. Ausilencers pic shows the inner part of the building will be several floors above the plaza. Sections on the site will be for Council Admin and a Library.

·
Registered
76,965 Posts
wow, the glass looks g00d.

·
Registered
214 Posts
^^^ Yeah I agree. I Thought it was going to be a lighter blue. I guess when the sun is shining on it, it will appear a light lighter.

·
Registered
110 Posts
By the way, in the render, everything is bigger than it seems. (Note MLC centre)

I also noticed the square looks pretty big. It would have to be huge.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The renders a bit dumb as it doesn't show any 3rd dimesnion. From that picture the viewer would have to assume the building is triangular.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Hey, I went past Brisbane Square on Saturday too. I think it's a little too early to be judging the glass. There's only a tiny section done.

1 - 20 of 508 Posts