SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leighton win $140m CBD project

Construction firm Leighton Contractors have been named preferred proponent of a $140 million dedicated busway project in Brisbane's central business district.

The project includes the design and construction of Queensland Transport's Inner Northern Busway (INB) connection between the existing Queen Street bus station and Roma Street, and a new busway station at King George Square.

Leighton and Queensland Transport will form a construction alliance with Maunsell Australia and their partner firm Bassett Consulting Engineers, Coffey Geosciences, Bligh Voller Nield and sub alliance partner EDAW Gillespies.

Planning for the final section of the INB between Roma Street and Countess Street will also be conducted.

Leighton northern region general manager Laurie Voyer said the company had a strong track record of successfully delivering roads and infrastructure in Queensland through alliance projects.

"The INB will be the forerunner to a number of large transport infrastructure projects planned for Queensland in the years ahead including the Gateway Duplication and The North South Bypass Tunnel," Mr Voyer said.

·
Captain Awesome
1,305 Posts
Initally the SE Busway increased travel times but now that the SE Freeway is a carpark it makes buses great in peak hour. Still it pisses me off that on off ramp locations such at Mains/Klumpp/University Roads that buses don't get priority in the traffic light timings.

·
Registered Yooser
2,726 Posts
Maroon Grown said:
i catch the 341 in the morning and the when the busway opened, it made travel times longer and everyone complained. now the 341 & 331 travel the old route through Spring Hill again.

I HATE THE INB!

They're Carseldine and Bracken Ride <>City aren't they?

That sucks then...putting the entrance at Roma St probably wasn't the brightest Idea, but with this tunnel they're building, maybe it'll all work out.

Anyways, at least the other routes are doing better in peak hours, I know a driver who does these ones regularily and he's noticed it's quicker in peak times.

·
Yeah but No!!
1,674 Posts
Its a pity they didnt think of putting the INB underneath the Roma St Parklands before the parklands were built, it would have made more sense and caused less traffic problems for Roma St. But then again, they never seem to look at the big picture in Qld, every development seems to be so very seperate from every other development.

·
Registered Yooser
2,726 Posts
nagelixin said:
So will the existing portal under the rail line then connect to the new tunnel, ie will the buses have to cross traffic to get to the new tunnel?
I'm not 100% sure...but I tihnk they travel down Roma.St

And into the tunnel where the KGS carpark entrance is at Present...Which is kind of a waste.

I can't see them ripping down the portal they just built so they can lower and extend the tunnel.

·
QUEENSLANDER!!!
3,692 Posts
nikko said:
They're Carseldine and Bracken Ride <>City aren't they?

That sucks then...putting the entrance at Roma St probably wasn't the brightest Idea, but with this tunnel they're building, maybe it'll all work out.

Anyways, at least the other routes are doing better in peak hours, I know a driver who does these ones regularily and he's noticed it's quicker in peak times.

yep :eek:kay:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Please tell me you're joking. The buses will drive straight past the city's main transit centre without stopping for passengers?

I guess queenslanders really are madder than cut snakes.

·
Registered Yooser
2,726 Posts
MrPC said:
Please tell me you're joking. The buses will drive straight past the city's main transit centre without stopping for passengers?

I guess queenslanders really are madder than cut snakes.
I'd like to...but there's not going to be a transit centre station as far as they've planned out at the moment.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.